PDA

View Full Version : Starting city...

aza77
02-03-2005, 02:23 AM
is there a way to change the starting city selection at the character creation screen ?
for example if i change the starting city of a dark elf to freeport it still highlights the neriak button and not the freeport one.
i searched for a few hours at the source code but wasn't able to find anything about it ...

sonicintuition
02-03-2005, 03:46 AM
I don't believe it is possible because that is hardcoded into the client, not the server. Fyi.

-SI

aza77
02-03-2005, 03:53 AM
hmm thx that's what i thought ...

RangerDown
02-03-2005, 04:54 AM
It's hardcoded as to what it tells you on the character select, but the server can zone you to anywhere you please. If you don't mind having the character select offer to start people in Qeynos but then when they actually enter the world they end up in the Nexus, then you're free to change the values. I forget which database table has all the info, but one of them has every race/class/deity combo available and what zone and loc you start in.

Rogean
02-04-2005, 12:07 AM
its startzone under the variables table.. create it if its not there.

Cisyouc
02-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Actually isnt this in the UI? I believe you can change the labels if you wanted to. And the zone it would actually go into would be in the database. Soo.