PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding minilogin..

sonicintuition
02-05-2005, 11:15 AM
I have searched and searched and tried just about everything I could ..but I cannot seem to get minilogin to allow anyone from outside the network into the server. I just want to know if it is possible for people on the other side (for example) of the continent to log in to my server which is using minilogin as the login server? I'm beginning to think it can't be done. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

-SI

cavedude
02-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Yes, minilogin can work over the net. I do it whenever the public login goes down and my friends want to get on. You want to make sure you setup LoginServer.ini and boot5zones.bat the same way you would to use the public login with the only exception being of course is to replace newlogin1.eqemulator.net with the hostname of your server in LoginServer.ini and also set the port to 5999.

So, LoginServer.ini should look like:

[LoginServer]
loginserver=yourhost.com
loginport=5999
worldname=Test
worldaddress=yourhost.com
locked=false
account=
password=

Boot5zones should be:

start zone . yourhost.com 7995 127.0.0.1

Each player that wishes to connect needs an eqhost.txt file that looks like:

[LoginServer]
Host=yourhost.com:5999

LoginType under variables in your db still needs to be set to minilogin, and minilogin_ip under accounts needs to be the internet IP of that particular user.

If you're behind a router, you want to setup a hostname for the server and also remember to open up ports 5999, 9000, and whatever zone ports you wish to use.

I think that's everything, I'm not at home so I can't double check.