PDA

View Full Version : Really confused.

Ultimagamer
02-12-2005, 05:05 PM
ok, i hear about winters roar server, and went to there site.

I made the forum account, and the LS account 1 of 3. on this site, like there site told me to.
I installed EQ evolutions.
Downloaded both WR patcher, and WR hotfix.
Installed the patcher in folder c/programfiles/sony/everquest
Unziped the hotfix in the same folder
I ran WR patcher, it downloaded many files, i believe 77, and when it was done i clicked run, everquest opened like it always did, i entered my LS account name and password, clicked connect, and everyquest freezed up on me, atually my entire comp froze up on me.

is there something from this site im missing? i see people talking about a server list when there logged on to eq, plz help, im so very confused.

Talamr
02-12-2005, 05:32 PM
check and make sure your not running a firewall, zone alarm for example, or anything that would cause it to not connect properly. ive also heard other players are having some login trouble at the moment, so it could just be the timing. i bet there are other solutions most likely but them be the ones i know. hope it helps.

Ultimagamer
02-12-2005, 06:31 PM
atually, i let it go for a bit, and my firewall came up and i granted acess, but as soon as i did this, i got error 1001 saying i cant connect at moment or something i forget what it said.

RangerDown
02-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Winters Roar runs a different login service than the rest of eqemu since it stayed back on a previous client.

Since it's heavily modified server code and on an old client, EQEmu won't support it here. You really need to go to the WR forums and look for help there.

Ultimagamer
02-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Winters Roar runs a different login service than the rest of eqemu since it stayed back on a previous client.

Since it's heavily modified server code and on an old client, EQEmu won't support it here. You really need to go to the WR forums and look for help there.

yes i know that, but the error 1001 has nothing to do with WR it has to do with eqemulator.

RangerDown
02-12-2005, 06:57 PM
The box here has just come up from a 2-week coma. The logon service may not have been active at the time.

As I stated earlier, WR uses a different logon service than the rest of the world since it's on a different client and server code that is so heavily modified I bet it only barely resembles the eqemu code from which it evolved. The only way it can involve eqemulator is if the WR-specific logon service is totally down. But, I see that's not the case as I just hopped over to their chat channel and it says SERVER STATUS: UP. If you're still having problems, you'll need to go over there and get support.