PDA

View Full Version : EqEMU 0.2.0

ritojo
02-21-2005, 03:23 PM
This is a project I will be working on until someone ( hopefully you zordon ) start the development of an EQ2 emu. I am trying to update the version of the emu that was compatible with the release of luclin. I believe that was version 0.2.0 . I am trying to implement all of the skills as of that release. I know it wasnt very functional at all, but that is what I am trying to fix. I one of the devs can tell me the things that did not work in that version, I will start working on it. I am hoping that i can use alot of the code from the current verion of EqEMU. My goal is to make the emu to where sony can never break it again. Thanks for your help.

mattmeck
02-21-2005, 04:05 PM
until someone ( hopefully you zordon ) start the development of an EQ2 emu.

there been n EQ2Emu for a wile now, not playable but is was started months ago.

ritojo
02-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Ok. Ill check for that project, but why was my post moved to off-topic. It very much has to do with the emulator. I am trying to make the emu work with an older copy of eq. I know this subject has been brought up before and turned down, but I want to give this a shot anyways. I was just looking for some help that could save me alot of work.

RangerDown
02-21-2005, 05:57 PM
There's been plenty of dev turnover between 0.2.0 and 0.6.0. If you can find a copy of that source (I'd link one but I have no idea where it is), all you can do is just plow away at problems you observe. I don't think you can expect anybody here to remember 3 years back to what were issues at that moment in time.

What I do remember from that period was that EQ *LIVE* was for all practical purposes not functional following the release of Luclin. Just as many problems lay with the Luclin release *client* as the server, and that's not something you're gonna be able to fix.

If you're trying to do something for the eqemu community, I appreciate your desire to help but looking at our current code would be much more of a benefit to the community at large. Are you saying that if I grab my SoL CD and throw it into the drive installing to a clean folder, that I have a 0.2.0 compatible client? Even if so, many people here won't have the SOL CD, they have some other value CD like Platinum or Evolution, or have long since gotten rid of their Luclin CD. But if you're just doing something for a private server -- which it sounds like -- and you've already made clear your intention to bail as soon as EQ2Emu is under development (it already is), then that might explain why your post was moved.

02-23-2005, 03:51 AM
I have 0.2.0 and previous versions, don't see why you would want such an outdated server & client though, Luclin release was buggy.

Cisyouc
02-23-2005, 03:56 AM
My goal is to make the emu to where sony can never break it again.Unless you write a new -CLIENT-, this is just technically impossible. Wouldn't you think the devs would have done this if they could?

Also, this was moved to off topic because its about EverQuest II, not EverQuest / EQEMulator. If you look in the forum, all EQ2 threads are moved here.

02-24-2005, 04:07 AM
If you read, his entire post wasn't about EQ2, it was one sentence.