PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 5.2

Windcatcher
02-23-2005, 12:04 PM
AT LONG LAST!!!

Okay, I've finally bitten the bullet and put out another OpenZone release. This one has a two major features:

1. Works with ATI cards. I can't even begin to describe all the changes I've had to make to its OpenGL engine to get it working, but it's pretty solid.

2. Improved graphics performance. This arose partially out of having to get it working with ATI cards and partially because it needed a redesign anyway. Anyhow, it should be much, much faster than 5.1.

3. Lots of little bugfixes. It's been a while since 5.1, so I can't go into them all, but there are a lot (and likely a lot more to come in the future). If you have a beta of 5.2, I strongly urge you to re-download this one, as I've fixed some very nasty bugs today.

As always, feedback is appreciated and important. I'm sure there are still bugs lurking in here and the only way I can fix them is if I know about them (there is a bug reporting section in the forum for this purpose). In the event of problems, if you can produce a simple test file that I can load that demonstrates the problem it would help a lot.

OpenZone 5.2 is available here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=88515&package_id=128908&release_id=307863

Enjoy,

Wind

DaSquishy
02-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Woo Hoo! Awesome job Wind!