PDA

View Full Version : I miss 1999 eq

FightersChoice
02-24-2005, 03:00 PM
It was kinda buggy, and the graphics weren't high-poly alienware kinda stuff but it was a better game. The good 'ol times.

02-25-2005, 04:07 AM
Play on guildwars when it comes out March 4th, we are a classic based server (only zones added are nexus and bazaar for obvious reasons). Visit www.eqguildwars.com if your interested. :)

mysticalninjajesus
02-25-2005, 06:04 PM
cant wait to play, but nexus and bazaar are what killed the towns. your reasons arent very obvious to me. elaborate.

RangerDown
02-26-2005, 06:01 AM
Nexus - A truce zone to return to when you die, to prevent bind camping.

Bazaar - One zone to buy a few things from merchants from. I don't know if trader mode is allowed, but there's a few NPC merchants selling some basic necessities there, so you can buy from them without worry of port-destination camping. While a non-PvP zone, it's not exactly the friendliest zone in the game either, as Image and Devnoob will harass you the whole time you're in the bazaar. Get in, get your business done, then get back to the Nexus.

mysticalninjajesus
02-26-2005, 10:41 AM
various towns/social spots > main central hubs which makes towns empty and useless. seems like quite a durastic addition just to prevent bind camping. i can think of a few more logical solutions.

Belfedia
02-26-2005, 10:50 AM
various towns/social spots > main central hubs which makes towns empty and useless. seems like quite a durastic addition just to prevent bind camping. i can think of a few more logical solutions.

/very agree :)

RangerDown
02-26-2005, 08:34 PM
When the object of the game is to CAPTURE towns, the environment doesn't exactly encourage bustling market activity. You may or may not even get to set foot in the city gates without the guards killing you. And while I'm certain player-to-player trading does occur, anyone not wearing your guild tag is a potential enemy. If you got a valuable drop, I'm quite certain your guild leader would prefer you keep it within the guild than effectively shoot them in the foot by aiding the competition.

joshyoowuh
02-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Circle of Elements may be the server for you (when it comes out anyways..)
http://www.eqclassic.net/

mysticalninjajesus
02-28-2005, 07:52 PM
coe is totaly never coming out. plus with the low low population, eqemu only has room for one prekunark pvp server anyway. if i could choose which server to come out tomorrow though, id choose CoE's pre-kunark tallon zek vision over the city capturing nexus safty zone GW concept easily. since CoE is long dead though ill be making the best of GW.