PDA

View Full Version : RELEASE: Item Editor 3.0

mangoo
02-25-2005, 07:43 PM
You all thought that this day would never have come, the day when I released another version of Item Editor. Well folks, here it is, Item Editor 3.0!

The goal of 3.0 was to make an editor that does not need an update when the items database changes, while keeping the same type of interface. As you all saw with the Alpha version, I was able to accomplish that goal. Even better though, I was able to make a much better program and also give you the option of modifying the interface for your needs.

You may be thinking to ask, "Well if this version doesn't need to be updated, is this the last version?" The answer to that is, no, this is not the last version. I have some plans on even more features, bug fixes, and finishing off the interface loader.

So mangoo, what's new in this version? Well overall there isn't much of anything new in this release besides the interfacing. Since alpha and beta, though, there is a lot of changes, which you can view in the "readme" file. Most distinctively is the ".itm" format. Those that used Item Editor 2.x may remember seeing a greyed out menu item for this. But it is finally here! So what's the difference from saving to ".itm" and saving to ".sql"? The ".sql" file can be used directly from MySQL and unfortunately ".itm" cannot. The advantage of using the ".itm" format, though, is that a file can be saved under one item structure and loaded into another. This is outstanding for custom servers, no longer does a custom item need to be redone because of a database change.

Before I forget to mention it, I will be making up a tutorial for using everything in Item Editor 3.0. However, I will be out of town this weekend so it will not be included at this moment.

Moving on, I would like to ask you all, like I usually do, to reply with any questions, comments, and bugs that you may encounter.

Download: here (http://emu.fliphost.net/files/Item_Editor/Editor30.zip)

cofruben
02-25-2005, 11:03 PM
nice work man,I like it :D

killspree
02-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Hmm can't get it to work, crashes even with latest item structure.

mattmeck
02-28-2005, 05:58 AM
loaded up our custom items structure with no issue, get a random crash with autosave ocasionaly tho.

Cisyouc
02-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Will you be releasing the source?

killspree
02-28-2005, 07:54 PM
loaded up our custom items structure with no issue, get a random crash with autosave ocasionaly tho.

What OS are you using the editor on? Having the crash problem on Windows XP.

mattmeck
02-28-2005, 08:06 PM
win XP here, also tried it on win ME, just rando crashes when autosave it turned on. and they only happrn ocasionaly on both.