PDA

View Full Version : Crashing on zoneing bug pinpointed

mwmdragon
02-27-2005, 12:11 PM
:: BUG ::

This bug has been bugging me for a while. It seems to be a database error where an item is equipped but it is an item using a wrong item slot number. I have tried it with a "polished bone anklet" from the PEQ-Kunark database. When it is equipped it says in the database that it is in slot 16 when it should say it is in slot 262144. A few other items do the same which causes the character to not zone. You can log in and walk around a zone but you ca't interact with anything and you can't see other players on the server.

:: SOLUTION :: (Non Technical)

The solution is to remove the offending item from the characters inventory from within the database. I also delete the backups of the character just to make sure.

After that the character is back to being playable. I hope this helps some of you players out there with this problem that must be affecting a few people.

RangerDown
02-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Although I think I know the answer to this, I wanna hear it from you as I'm leading to something on this: where did you get that it should be in slot number 262144?

mwmdragon
02-27-2005, 06:36 PM
By looking at other items in the Database... Did I have my facts wrong or something ?? If i do then sorry, but once the item is removed from the players inventory the zoneing problem is gone. Just something to look into.

RangerDown
02-28-2005, 05:05 AM
The slot field in the database is a bitwise OR for available slots, as some items can fit in multiple slots. Even with 10-slot bags in your inventory and bank, the inventory slot numbers will never reach as far as 262k.

With the number in the items db that high, I suspect this item could fit in multiple slots. If you look at the item's information by right clicking it, can this one fit in multiple slots?

mwmdragon
02-28-2005, 05:30 PM
One slot. The foot slot.

There are more than one offending item. I believe the "cloth cord" is also a problem item.

RangerDown
02-28-2005, 07:02 PM
If you (all of you out there, anyone) can provide names and ID's of items you know make the server act funky, we might be able to find a pattern and find what's causing this.

OrtRestave
03-03-2005, 01:24 PM
"Wolf Fur Slippers", id 1368, cause this problem for me.

mwmdragon
03-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Polished Stone Anklet # 10129

Corrupts every time.