PDA

View Full Version : Eqemu Dyingz0r??? (omfgz!)

mysticalninjajesus
03-01-2005, 12:02 AM
im gonna predict that the no mentioning of patchers rule combined with the need to wait devs to update to live after each patch is going to severly hurt eqemu's population in the coming years. servers are loosing possible new players each day as tons of newbs come here and read all the posts saying 'You cannot play until we catch up to live, you are out of luck, please come again' then leave. the only way eqemu ever gets new players in the last 4 months is when ppl like me PM the newbs explaining that they can play and giving them links. meh, well see.. how do you guys think its gonna go? eqemu wont die anytime soon im sure, but it definatly isnt going to get much bigger.

StarLightKitten
03-01-2005, 02:32 AM
There will always be people who are looking for something free to play, so don't think the population will keep getting smaller or stop growing. I know because of the new rule it won't be getting bigger during this moment but thats okay because as soon as eqemu is updated again - you'll see a big influx of new people asking the newbie questions :)

Virus11
03-01-2005, 02:35 AM
Also, Xabob made a good point last night on iRC. World of Warcraft and Everquest II just recently came out, so we have to wait a while before people get tired of them and start coming back to EQEMu (like me).

KhaN
03-01-2005, 03:24 AM
EQemu is not dying, it is just goddamn sleeping ...

mattmeck
03-01-2005, 05:18 AM
ANyone cought PMing people is gone, if you know its against the rules and you still use EQEmu services to do it your WRONG.

The rule was made to protect this community from being shut down, and having a few less people who dont bother to search to keep this community going is the trade off.

What the servers do on there own space is there busness, it just means the if SOE comes after them it wont effect the community. With what happed with Blizzard it has been held up in court that if we offer warez or support warez we WILL get shut down.

Just because you dont understand why the rules are there dose NOT mean there wrong, just dont do it on EQEmu site / IRC.