PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

acdc1982
03-03-2005, 05:36 AM
Hey, I'm new to Eqemu just found this site, what I want to know is can I run this on a private network at my house, and connect to it with one of my other computers? That way me and a few friends could play it. Or do you have to host the server on the net to do it.

RangerDown
03-03-2005, 05:48 AM
The minilogin tool allows you to have everything internal, even the login server. Minilogin is a bit complex to set up tho and has some severe limitations.

I'd recommend that unless you absolutely have no internet access, your server at least connects to the EQEmu login server. The only connectivity the server would need to the net is to connect to the eqemu login server so that it shows up on the server select list. Likewise, the only connectivity your eq clients will need to the net is to authenticate to the login server; once you've done that and selected your server from the server list, all further network traffic will be internal.

acdc1982
03-03-2005, 05:56 AM
OK, If I use mini login , do I have to have EQ updated to current patch, or Can I just use the same version on both computers like a fresh install of the game.

RangerDown
03-03-2005, 06:40 AM
Minilogin is designed to work with the 6.0 code, so if your EQ client is compatible with 6.0 it will be compatible with minilogin.

Don't patch to Live, as nothing about eqemu currently works with the live version.

acdc1982
03-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Thanks, Now there are several guides here and pieces of guides, I need the simplest easy to follow guide. All I want to do is set up a server on one machine that's on a Lan, then connect to it with 1 or 2 computer on the lan. I just want to play the game legit. Which guide would be best for me?

Radigast
03-03-2005, 07:03 AM
If you don't have the pre dec 15th 2004 patch, it wont work.