PDA

View Full Version : EQ Client Version Numbers

Cisyouc
03-03-2005, 11:38 AM
In accordinance to the ideas that I posted in this thread (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17987) proposing a new way to communicate client version numbers instead of just 'patch dates', this post is to present the download for the 1.0.0 release of the EQVerCheck, a program which will, once put into a complete EverQuest installation folder, will generate a version number depending on your patch date, which can be used in communicating exactly what versions of the EverQuest's core files you contain.

Instructions
Download the executable file from the link below, and save it into your EverQuest directory (the one you want to find the version for). Then run EQVerCheck.exe and on the screen, hit the "Calculate" button. You will get an output like this.
EQVerCheck Initiated. Version: 1.0.0
Beginning Process...
EQGraphicsDX9.dll and eqgame.exe FOUND.
Assuming EQ Installation is complete.
Reporting..
Generating Version Strings...
SHORT VERSION: SEQ12167
LONG VERSION: EQ803157012C78A812C924A7C11E2727A6B8291587
The above bolded part is the important part. These are your version numbers. The short version is to be used for general communication.. the long version is for seeing if you have the right versions / missing versions of specific files.. details are in the aforementioned post on how to decipher the long string.

Amendments
New-er!
Links for the download of EQVerCheck 3.1 have been removed due to a fire at the datacenter that was hosting EQVerCheck and its remote dependency. EQVerCheck's data files are now stored on EQEMulator.net.

EQVerCheck now has the ability in version 2.0.0 to suggest a loginserver and server version. Provided that I (or whoever ends up doing it for me) updates the version information server side, this should most-of-the-time work. If you end up getting a version that is not recognized, feel free to report it here. Make sure you include the date that you patched when you report an unrecognized version. But this is not foolproof and if it doesnt suggest a login server or server version correctly, dont freak out, I cant promise you anything :D

Testing
Successfully tested by our Volenteers on:
Windows XP
Windows 98
Wine and Wine Derivatives (Cedega, Cxoffice)

Download
Due to the increasing file size of the executable, it is now compressed in a zip archive.
EQVerCheck 3.1.1
>>Download Now! (http://www.eqemulator.net/eqversion/EQVerCheck.zip) (736 KiB) <<

Problems?
Note: EQVerCheck 3 and higher no longer use MFC and the following troubleshooting does not apply.
If you're getting an error such as...
Beginning Process...
Could not find a complete EverQuest installation in the current directory.
Please move EQVerCheck.exe to your EverQuest folder and re-run.
That simply means you did not correctly save the application in your EverQuest folder. Most commonly your EverQuest directory is located at C:/Program Files/Sony/EverQuest or C:/Program Files/EverQuest or C:/EverQuest depending on the age of your EverQuest installation.

This application has failed to start because MFC42.DLL was not found.This is caused from lacking MFC on your computer. This is a very rare occurance, because MFC has been shipped with Windows computers since Windows 95. If this is so, however, you need to download the MFC Runtime package from Microsoft's website.

Mauritius
03-09-2005, 10:07 PM
you made the day, week and month

Cisyouc
03-10-2005, 11:53 AM
you made the day, week and monthPardon? The version numbers have absolutely nothing to do with the day/week/month.

fathernitwit
03-11-2005, 04:30 AM
lol cisyouc, read the sig. You just dont understand Orkish I guess (:
s/the/my/g

Craleu
03-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Beginning Process...
Reporting..

spiritse
06-20-2005, 04:51 AM
- You have patched to live which has an incompatible version with EQEMu.
-- You have an unpatched or too old version of EverQuest that this program recognizes.
-- An error has occured reading the verison information file.
-- This program is too outdated to match this version of EverQuest with a loginserver.
Please report this on the EQEmulator forums with your SEQ number ( SEQ0A167) and date you patched to live. ONLY report versions you KNOW to work with a version of EQEMulator.

should i run the patcher again? did try another emulator which told me to patch it, last patched 1 week ago, but may not have selected expansions

mrea
06-20-2005, 07:41 AM
you made the day, week and month
Pardon? The version numbers have absolutely nothing to do with the day/week/month.

Haven't you ever heard someone say "You made my day!" ?

Cisyouc
06-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Also, for more information, please see awhiteflame.net/projects/eqvercheck.php (http://www.awhiteflame.net/projects/eqvercheck.php)

Damilis
09-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Is there in existence a table that correlates EQ version numbers and approximate EQLive! Patch dates with compatible EQEmu db's/release numbers?

If so can someone post/PM it to me?
If not, how useful would this info be to others?

Cisyouc
10-02-2005, 02:39 AM
For those of you having problems downloading the version information, it is due to Scorpious2k's Website C&D. I'll be moving the version information and a new version of EQVerCheck that works with the new host shortly. Please be patient (:

Cisyouc
10-02-2005, 08:07 AM
Version 3.1.0 should now be fixed and download from an independent remote location correctly.

Cisyouc
10-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Links for the download of EQVerCheck 3.1 have been removed due to a fire at the datacenter that was hosting EQVerCheck and its remote dependency. EQVerCheck's data files are now stored on EQEMulator.net. Links for 3.1.1 which properly download the data file from EQEmulator is up in the first post of this thread under Download. In this version, EQHost adjusting has been fixed as well.

sdabbs65
12-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Links for the download of EQVerCheck 3.1 have been removed due to a fire at the datacenter that was hosting EQVerCheck and its remote dependency. EQVerCheck's data files are now stored on EQEMulator.net. Links for 3.1.1 which properly download the data file from EQEmulator is up in the first post of this thread under Download. In this version, EQHost adjusting has been fixed as well.

EQVerCheck Initiated. Version: 2.0.0
Beginning Process...
Reporting..
Connecting to mirror1.awhiteflame.net..
Fetching Version Information...
We were unable to connect to mirror1.awhiteflame.net. Please try again later.

is there someplace else for this to get the info now ?

Cisyouc
12-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Download the latest verson....This issue was fixed a long time ago, as stated by the text that you quoted..

sdabbs65
12-06-2005, 03:05 AM
Download the latest verson....This issue was fixed a long time ago, as stated by the text that you quoted..

Ok so even tho you still have them posted on your website they no longer work with that version or did you update them ?

ah nevermind got it...

This version of EQVerCheck is now depreciated, please see EQVerCheck3's project site here. (http://ip.awhiteflame.net:8767/projects/eqvercheck3.php)

Dark Horizons Patcher 1.0.0 is that still functional .. im not able to get to that site either.

-=EDIT=- nevermind I see they are also depreciated.....
guess thats the way utils go these days.
if anyone has this let me know.

Cisyouc
12-06-2005, 07:33 AM
The DH Patcher functions but I have no idea if their webserver is still running.

EQVerCheck 1 & 2 -do- generate a valid SEQ number, if you still have those versions.

The suggest LS option in EQVerCheck 2 and 3.x.0 do not work because initially the source the information to suggest an LS from was downloaded from Scorpious2k, but after their C&D shut down their webserver, we moved to mirror1.awhiteflame.net. But after the datacenter hosting that caught fire, we moved to eqemulator.net, which is why 3.1.1 is the only working version for Suggest LS. They all provide valid SEQ numbers though, and the information on the website is still valid which is why I keep it on the site.

guess thats the way utils go these days.
if anyone has this let me know.Yeah, fires at datacenters, whats become of this world.

The Dark Horizons patcher does not work because Dark Horizons is not running their patch server at the moment, and providing a link to this, currently running or not, would result in a ban due to its nature.

sdabbs65
12-09-2005, 01:34 AM
The DH Patcher functions but I have no idea if their webserver is still running.

EQVerCheck 1 & 2 -do- generate a valid SEQ number, if you still have those versions.

The suggest LS option in EQVerCheck 2 and 3.x.0 do not work because initially the source the information to suggest an LS from was downloaded from Scorpious2k, but after their C&D shut down their webserver, we moved to mirror1.awhiteflame.net. But after the datacenter hosting that caught fire, we moved to eqemulator.net, which is why 3.1.1 is the only working version for Suggest LS. They all provide valid SEQ numbers though, and the information on the website is still valid which is why I keep it on the site.

Yeah, fires at datacenters, whats become of this world.

The Dark Horizons patcher does not work because Dark Horizons is not running their patch server at the moment, and providing a link to this, currently running or not, would result in a ban due to its nature.

if thats the case then why is HPatcher a sticky ? hmmmm
I didnt want the files I wanted to look at the source code actually.
I found something along that line posted in another thread but it don;t function properly with XP.
Im learning to build my own componets from the cut copy and paste school
of the internet.

mattmeck
12-09-2005, 01:56 AM
if thats the case then why is HPatcher a sticky ? hmmmm

well that would be because HPatcher has no files, it is simply a tool for people who customize stuff to use, i.e. custom music, custom modles ect.

HPatcher itself holds no warez, and is not "intended" to, however server owners that choose to host warez with it know they cant link it or talk about it here.

mrea
12-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Just checking version number:

Mine are as follows
Version Number: SEQ45867
Extended Version Number: EQ3C903E04AB2F04B577F25EA81E2727A6B8291587

Anyone else have the same? For some reason I'm having trouble playing on my server however I can play on PEQ, Fibbon's, etc so I guess this cant be the problem

Thanks

Cisyouc
12-13-2005, 03:46 PM
mrea: That is a valid SEQ number for 0.6.2/0.6.3, so, I'm not sure whats up there.

Denethor72
01-11-2006, 07:55 AM
This is the information I get when I run EQVerCheck; when I click 'suggest LS' it says that it doesn't recognize my version of the client. Which version of EQEmu should I be using to be able to connect? I looked at the eqmain.dll file, and it was modified last on 5/18/2004, if that's any help. I've been trying to use the 5.5 version, but I still haven't been able to login.

Version Number: SEQBD167
Extended Version Number: EQ281B89CB0B9DAFBDC85336D11E2727A6B8291587

Klinkx
02-05-2006, 12:49 PM
am i able to do anything mine says

Version Number: SEQ6A167
Extended Version Number: EQ5524BCA6EA9BDF0ADAABB6C11E2727A6B8291587

Cisyouc
02-05-2006, 03:53 PM
am i able to do anything mine says

Version Number: SEQ6A167
Extended Version Number: EQ5524BCA6EA9BDF0ADAABB6C11E2727A6B8291587
That one currently isn't in our list. Anyone know if this is live or not? If so, I'll put it in.

Version Number: SEQBD167
Extended Version Number: EQ281B89CB0B9DAFBDC85336D11E2727A6B8291587If you find a version that works with this, please submit it :)

Denethor72
02-07-2006, 10:45 AM
I tried using v5.0 of EQEmu, and I got to the server select screen, but my server doesn't show up. I've been too busy with work to mess with it much lately, though. I did get a WoWEmu server up and running on the same pc, but it's just not the same as EQ... heh..

kouhei
02-07-2006, 11:34 AM
That one currently isn't in our list. Anyone know if this is live or not? If so, I'll put it in.

If you find a version that works with this, please submit it :)

I believe those 2 versions work with 6.0 and below. To be more correct try the 5.8 or was it 5.5 version. Another reason that the server did not show might be becuase the port not sure what the port was for that. hmm see if 5994 or 5998.

Denethor72
02-08-2006, 02:55 AM
Just to make sure that I'm not doing something wrong; does the newest version of minilogin work with the older EQEmu versions, or do I need to use the older version of minilogin as well? I'll check the port number once I get home today, and make sure that I'm using the right one.

Thanks, everyone!

Belfedia
02-08-2006, 07:52 AM
You need old minilogin for old eqemu.

Grude
03-12-2006, 09:49 AM
I am using EQVerCheck Core 3.1.1 on Windows XP and all it does is crash when I hit calculate... :(

Cisyouc
03-13-2006, 10:44 AM
I am using EQVerCheck Core 3.1.1 on Windows XP and all it does is crash when I hit calculate... :(O.o

Make sure your download isnt corrupt..

chamelean90
05-09-2006, 08:27 PM
I am using EQVerCheck Core 3.1.1 on Windows XP and all it does is crash when I hit calculate... :(

That's all i get also, a Dr Watson crash.. and i have re-downloaded it a number of times, and am running it from the correct directory.

Cisyouc
05-10-2006, 06:47 AM
This seems very odd.. I'll be working on EQVerCheck4 very soon, but, in the meantime, I'd suggest copying all the exe's and dll's to a separate folder along with EQVerCheck.exe and running it from there as that seems to fix the problem -- no idea why it's crashing, doesn't on any of my systems or the systems I've been personally able to use /shrug.

I'll do some playing around with it though to see if I can nail it with EQVC4.

meverah
05-16-2006, 12:11 AM
I copied the exe and dll's to a seperate folder and its still crashing for me

meverah
05-16-2006, 01:22 AM
well i figured it out. and it doesnt matter now because my little bro patched yesterday on the 15th for some reason, and now im screwed for a while :(

iwantavr4
05-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey, im back. Figured out my password, holy moly! I gonna change that. Well i am having problems with the eqvercheck also. It just crashes typical windows crash. And then i get a drwatson crash too. Copying dlls and exes to their own folder also dont work.