PDA

View Full Version : RELEASE: Item Editor 3.1

mangoo
03-05-2005, 12:39 PM
I'll cut right to the chase this time. This is Item Editor 3.1, consisting of bug fixes, new features, and modifications. The details are listed below.

Download: here (http://emu.fliphost.net/files/Item_Editor/Editor31.zip)

Release 3.1 [March 05, 2005]:
- Fixed: The client no longer crashes on the first run
- Fixed: Icon button now enables/disables properly
- Fixed: Item name now displays when opening the Preview window
- Fixed: Duplicate is now working properly [found by virus]
- Fixed: The Create and Reset buttons on the status bar now work
- Fixed: Spells are now loaded into the Search window
- Fixed: Load Single ITM no longer crashes after multiple uses
- Added: Range Save to ITM < disabled >
- Added: Range Load ITM < crashing, disabled >
- Added: Range Delete
- Modified the default interface file
- Modified many functions for speed/stability/bug fixes
- Change: Item Editor will no longer grant access until a database is found
- Change: Removed a messagebox from LoadSQL
- Change: LoadSQL now shows progress when reading
- Change: Reload Spells now shows progress when reading
- Change: If interface file is not loaded, Default.ini will be loaded
- Change: Search window now stays above main window when selecting items

sysadmin
03-05-2005, 06:46 PM
downloaded and installed it, opened it, wrote all the data needed to open database, click ok, window disapears, nothing else happens. Itemeditor process sits on memory.

3 questions:

is it a memory resident program? If so, what is the key to call it?

If it is not a mem resident proggy , is it suppose to behave like this?

mangoo
03-05-2005, 07:44 PM
All I got is "uuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm". That is all. What OS are you using, information? Narrowing it down....

sysadmin
03-06-2005, 12:51 AM
Windows XP, running 6dr2 + peq5.8 + perl as per one Malignus tutorial. All is working atm and I am working on adding fixing doors and adding classic quests content.

mrea
03-06-2005, 01:32 AM
Same thing happened to me. It acts as if the program is still running although the window never shows up.

sysadmin
03-06-2005, 03:12 AM
hopefully it is something we missed.

mangoo
03-06-2005, 05:32 AM
Ok, sorry for the wierd reply the last time, I won't explain that. Is it not showing at all or do you get an options dialog and then nothing? Hmmm I actually just duplicated the error while writing this up. What I did was not enter an interface file into the options dialog. While this should have attempted to load the Default.ini and if it failed that should have given a messagebox and then closed the application, it did not. This was working before, but maybe I made a last minute change or something that broke it. If this is the same scenario you all are having, please delete your settings.ini file and in the options dialog, load \ui\Default.ini as the interface file.

sysadmin
03-06-2005, 07:05 AM
I did exactly as you asked, deleted settings.ini, used the default ui file as you asked, opened item editor, connection window opened, typed all info, used default ui file, click on ok, window blinked and stayed open. item editor is loaded and I can see it on the task manager but does not show up on windows GUI.

mangoo
03-06-2005, 07:28 AM
I tried different combinations of misinformation.

- Incorrect MySQL information, this resulted in a refresh of the Options dialog, after repeating this step Item Editor crashed.

- No EQ directory, Item Editor loads properly, but EQ Icons ands Spellsare unavailable.

- No UI file, Item Editor loads, but the interface is distorted.

This is all that I came up with. Do you have the following folders: Help, Load, Saves, UI and the following files in the main directory: ItemEditor.exe, libmySQL.dll, readme.txt, settings.ini (after running)?

sysadmin
03-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Correct I have all those directories and the files, the only thing I can think of is that the eq directory is in a different drive, but that should not make any difference. Also I am using the same username and password world.exe is using to open the database, used root before but it seems the item editor does not like empty passwords since it re-opened the connection window.

mangoo
03-06-2005, 07:43 AM
I don't think that should make a difference. Try loading without a specified EQ directory. Also, did 3.0 work okay for you?

P.S. this error "- No UI file, Item Editor loads, but the interface is distorted." has been fixed for 3.2 =)

sysadmin
03-06-2005, 07:46 AM
did try no eq dir also, I am deleting this item editor and will download it again, maybe it got jacked somehow.

Edit:

I deleted and reinstalled, same thing, but another thing I noticed is that the CPU usage goes to 100 as soon as I hit connect in the connection window.

mangoo
03-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Are you connecting to a remote database?

sysadmin
03-06-2005, 07:57 AM
database is in same pc item editor is installed on, I just created a different user/pass for item editor same level as root, makes no difference.

mangoo
03-06-2005, 08:01 AM
Are you using an internet ip address or "localhost". What I'm fishing at is it sounds as if Item Editor is working on loading items. It receives about 700kb from a populated items database. And say you're upload is about 13kb/s, then it will take a little while to load and may appear to be hanging.

sysadmin
03-06-2005, 08:03 AM
i am using same ip address world is using, 192.168.x.x,
yes, my database by no means is big but it is not small, about 65mb total size, I will load it and let it rip, I will wait and see if it finally opens if I let it sit in the backburner.

mangoo
03-06-2005, 08:07 AM
What might be faster is make a copy of your item database and delete all the items from it. There won't be anything to load to hang on. Also, maybe a software firewall might be blocking it if you have one?

sysadmin
03-06-2005, 08:11 AM
firewall is disabled, and it should not make any difference since my emu works fine, even if I publish it on the net.

What I am thinking is maybe libmysql.dll is a different version? yours has 228kb, mine in mysql dir has 244kb. I am using mysql 4.0.23.

mangoo
03-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Try swapping.

sysadmin
03-06-2005, 08:18 AM
copied the new libmysql to item editor and....

KABOOM!

The instruction at 0x7c9111de referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

mangoo
03-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Okay, swapping was a bad idea =P. I'm sorry, but I'm all out of ideas.

Eljier
03-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Mangoo,

I have followed the instructions to install, the only problem I encountered was the database location, mine is however the localhost.

I entered localhost in the form, ran the program and received an error, MCF xp error, closed the program and re-opened it.

The items from mySQL database started to load and BAM!!!

I was in there baby, this works GRRREAT!

thanks for the hard work from a newbie, now if I could just get my server up and running I would be a happier camper.

thanks,

Eljier

sysadmin
03-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Deleted Item editor, restarted computer, downloaded and installed item editor again, created new pass at localhost.
It works great Mangoo, awesome job, both versions work now; 3.1 and 3.2 but the only thing is that UI is a little offset to the left so I am going to fix that. Thanks for all your help Mangoo.

Baeltor
04-13-2005, 09:50 AM
I am having a small problem with the editor. It loads fine and will run. But whenever I select an item from the list on the left side or from a search, it brings up Dark Enchanted Scroll. I am using PEQ_Kunark DB. Any ideas or aid would be welcome.

sdabbs65
12-14-2005, 11:17 AM
My system just did a update from microsoft, the itemeditor 34 and 33 no longer work..

anyone got a suggestion on a fix ?

Cisyouc
12-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Yeah. Don't update.

Better yet, don't use windows.

:)

No, but seriously -- what updates did it install? A service pack, or..?

macraigh
12-18-2005, 03:25 AM
Every link I find to download these item editors does not work. http://emu.fliphost.net does not even work. Possible mirror site I can download this from?

Belfedia
12-18-2005, 06:57 AM
Try on wiki :)

sdabbs65
12-20-2005, 12:37 AM
Yeah. Don't update.

Better yet, don't use windows.

:)

No, but seriously -- what updates did it install? A service pack, or..?

nevermind I was useing the new items table by mistake.. it don't work for 13th floor items... still works good for 6.2...
starbucks works wonders for server related functions.

Flarestar
12-31-2005, 11:55 AM
Looked through the Wiki. Didn't find it. Can you be more specific on where it is?

Belfedia
01-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Are you lazy ? the wiki isn't huge lol
You can find it in Usefull link (classed in Tool to help server management).

therealjjj77
04-28-2006, 01:25 AM
Alright. I have Windows XP, Mangoo's Item Editor 3.4, patched to 0.6.6, and using Dudecave's latest EQEmu installer. I'm using minilogin. My log in settings are:
Database: EQ
Username: (MYSQL Username)
Password: (MYSQL Password)
Database: localhost (have also tried 127.0.0.1)
Everquest directory: C:\EQEMU
Interface: default

I can get the item editor to load all the items and can even edit the items and then i click save the item. When I run EQEmu the item has not changed. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking. Then when I reload the editor all the changes are still there but they just don't seem to be getting into the database. Help please =)

cavedude
04-28-2006, 02:32 AM
Changes have been made to the items table in 0.7.0. I am sure they broke this program.

shamanistik
05-15-2006, 05:13 AM
Any item editor work on 7.0 yet?

Belfedia
05-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Perhaps the item editor made by georgeS
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Linkit

Avonire
05-19-2006, 07:16 AM
It is still working for items on the .7.0 servers just it crashes everytime I try to switch items to edit which if find as a tiny anoyance, other then that I LOVE IT. Works great other then haveing to reopen it to make a new item, or change a item value, like I said mild anoyance.

PatFenis
06-06-2006, 04:35 PM
is there a wiki on how to use these somewere? if so can someone provide a link?

Belfedia
06-08-2006, 02:21 AM
is there a wiki on how to use these somewere? if so can someone provide a link?

A wiki on how edit item with george item editor ? i don't think you find that.

GeorgeS
08-04-2006, 01:14 PM
That's tool's read only, but can be used to equip characters.

I'm writing a item editor now

GeorgeS

Belfedia
08-05-2006, 12:24 AM
That's tool's read only, but can be used to equip characters.

I'm writing a item editor now

GeorgeS

nice :) that 's good news !!!

GeorgeS
08-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Still working on the editor. It's a huge undertaking - considering there are 100's of fields to deal with..

GeorgeS

TheLieka
09-07-2007, 05:10 AM
Still working on the editor. It's a huge undertaking - considering there are 100's of fields to deal with..

GeorgeS

I can't wait for this. =)

John Adams
09-08-2007, 06:14 AM
08-11-2006, 07:10 AM

Holy necro, batman.

TheLieka
09-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Whoops... ;)

Astaldoath
01-24-2008, 02:20 PM
mangoo still around? He needs to get his editor working again. Shoulda released his source code lol.

Telltolin
05-13-2008, 08:49 PM
This item editor still works in 0.7.0, but just not entirely. The only thing I notice not working is the proc editor. I like this editor a lot more than the others, easiest to use and the like. I uploaded it to my webhost as a backup, here's a download since the link on the first page is broken.
http://www.miriscusltd.com/itemeditor.rar
It's a really nice program and needs to be upkept. It also has a nice small filesize because it's not overloaded with unnecessary UI graphics.

derekj54
05-13-2008, 10:31 PM
im currently using the new PEQ easy install db thing and it doesnt work for me, i put in all the info, password and directorys and stuff click ok and the little username and password window just flashes and nothing happens

jimbox114
06-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Just gives me illegal operation when I tried to use it (well send error report). Using windows XP SP2. Funny thing is when I had incorrect database info on the settings file it would open up, but after correcting everything it won't do anything.

Wish this one worked. I don't really like George's Editor as it seems kinda slow and doesn't allow to search by names. Also can't figure out how to change the icon, looks of gear after equipping, etc with it.

Using the newest build of the emu.

ChaosSlayer
06-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Wish this one worked. I don't really like George's Editor as it seems kinda slow and doesn't allow to search by names. Also can't figure out how to change the icon, looks of gear after equipping, etc with it.

Using the newest build of the emu.

lol .

trevius
06-29-2008, 04:32 PM
GeorgeS' item editor is getting some very nice changes, so you might want to check it out again when they are complete. His current version already has a new search by item name or ID on the main screen, which I think makes it more in-line with how it really should be.

If you want to see what he is working on for it now, you can check this post:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25552

The new single item edit window should be quite an improvement over the old way. It is looking really great so far. But, there is alot of work to be done on it, so you just need a little patience until it is more complete. At the rate he is going on it, it won't be long though!