PDA

View Full Version : Any help would be appreciated, minor error I think

reketh
03-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Heya all first, first time poster here and want to try the fine emulator you provided. =)

Im having trouble getting it up and running tho. I hate to ask for help, especially at a forum like this because I think you are pretty swamped with others that need help. Im kinda new to this but I think I figured most of it out of what I can make out (duh, otherwise I wouldnt have posted).

Lots of trial and error to try to get a single-player up and running on one comp but I cant seem to log onto the server. I get to the login screen but it cant connect to my server. So here is what Ive done.

Programs used:
Mysql ver 1.4
Everquest (duh) not updated sience march last year. (Ran eqemu over your servers ages ago)
EQEmu 0.6.0-DR2
Minilogin 6.0

Sources used:
Latest Peq_kunark (0.6.0-DR1+ I think, got it off them some days ago tho)
merchant_temp.sql
zonepoints.sql
doors_update.sql <---------- Get one error in this one, but according to peq forums its normal
Tribute Levels.sql
Tributes.sql

Added in that order. No error msgs while running the minilogin, world or run5zones files (cept for the doors one).

I think however the prob is in any of the ini files, run5zones.bat or the eqhost.txt files so Ill post what Ive done in em too.

db.ini
[Database]
host=localhost
user=eqemu
password=eqemu
database=eq

LoginServer.ini:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginport=5999
worldname=my minilogin test
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false
account=eqemu
password=eqemu

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=StandAlone
ServerPort=5999

[ChatChannelServer]
ChatChannelServer=localhost

MiniLoginAccounts.ini:
localhost eqemu eqemu

run5zones.bat
start zone . localhost 8780 localhost
start zone . localhost 8781 localhost
start zone . localhost 8782 localhost
start zone . localhost 8783 localhost
start zone . localhost 8784 localhost

Any help would be appreciated and I know that some will say that I shouldve searched the forum for an answer first, but I have done that and keep looking at outdated posts about it and tried some of them with no prevail.

Keep the good work up guys =)

sysadmin
03-10-2005, 05:00 AM
Check Spikes' Tutorial here (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17363). That is what I used to set up my first eqemu.

Here is what I see on your post:

You need to download mysql ver 4.0.23, install it, add your username and password to the database, source eqemu database, Optional: Install myodbc driver version 3.51 if you want to use a database manager to browse and change parameters in the database.

Source this:

INSERT INTO variables (varname, value, information) VALUES ('LoginType', 'Minilogin', 'Set this to Minilogin to login using a minilogin server :)');

alter table account add minilogin_ip varchar(32) not null;

Clear account and password fields in LoginServer.ini.

Change ServerMode to minilogin in Loginserver.ini.

Find the all the .map maps and put them in a directory called maps in your eqemu directory.

I never used miniloginaccounts.ini, i am not sure if tell you to delete it or not.

I hope this helps.

Sysadmin.

barnes09
03-11-2005, 07:06 PM
I was setting this up too, and just want to give a big thanks for Sysadmin because he's been a great help, I ran into the same problem your having. I could get to server page, but I couldn't log on to my server. I changed the run5zones.bat to the following:

start zone . 127.0.0.1 8780 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 8781 127.0.0.1
exit
cls
exit
cls

Once I did that I could log on to my server, only problem now is zoneing, when I zone from one zone to the next i moves me back to the zone I just left. Any ideas? Let me know if this fixes your problem.