PDA

View Full Version : Needed Tutorial on Installing on *BSD

Compositus Confusio
03-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Hello. New here. I've got an EQEmu server running on my windows box, however playing EQ on that box, connected to the server on that box is rather laggish. I've been trying unsuccessfully for sometime to get the latest source to compile on my NetBSD box. I was wondering if someone here who uses a BSD could write a tutorial on how to get it up and running, and I've tried everything I can think of and nothing's going.

fathernitwit
03-11-2005, 04:25 AM
well chances are pretty high that your not going to get it working on netbsd, unless you have a lot of time to spend.

I am really the only person here running it on freebsd, and theres a reason for that. I try to keep the 'makefile.bsd' files up to date in CVS, so once you have your build environment set up, those will help a lot.

the BSD issue all boils down to you have to use the linuxthreads library, not native pthreads. This means you have to link any threaded libraries when emu links against, against linux threads as well. Specifically you have to build mysql with linuxthreads. There are prolly other issues, but thats the #1.