PDA

View Full Version : eq log to .sql file converter

sysadmin
03-11-2005, 08:31 AM
I been working on pok for a little while, I found out already how to make the elevator work, spawn doors and stones.

It was a real pain since when I started to do this I was not sure if the coordinates from the logs would fit the eqemu coordinates system, but it does, and it does perfectly except in the bad part of town, I am not sure why but the coordinates there are off a bit, that is where I am having most of the problems to place the objects.

I been thinking about writing a program that reads the logs, convert the objects data to .sql file so they are easy to source into the db.

Is this a tool you guys already have? If not, then let me know and I will post it here when I have it ready.

fathernitwit
03-11-2005, 11:15 AM
eqbuilder does a lot of this. thats how PEQ does its thing. Also packet collector does it, but it sucks cause theres no way to get at the data. A future version will be better, when we get it out.

A script to do it might be useful in some cases... bear in mind that the logs which state the door data in plain text can no longer be generated for live.

your coordinates are prolly off because of inverted XY, try swapping them.

sysadmin
03-11-2005, 12:00 PM
My coordinates are both off in that area by about 10 units in both the x and y axis. I already fixed the stones there but will see what happens with the doors since I will be generating the data from the available logs and test it by placing the rest of pok doors from that data. Lets see what happens =).

Here is what I have already fixed:

- zone lines from west freeport to ecommons
- zone lines from paineel to and from the hole
- entrance to paineel(platform/elevator with open switch)
- all Pok stones
- Pok books that were missing
- translocator scripts
- scion scripts
- pok doors(in progress)