PDA

View Full Version : admin/Spawn Dev needs work!!!

runn3r
03-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Well title pretty much says it all. I have Gmed on servers before,and i have been playing on eqlive for 1 and a half years. I understand perl, and have alot of time to spare if custom zones are needed. Also can make loot tables. Send me a email at kameekazzee@yahoo.com if you are interested, or just reply.

_Kerosh_
03-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Citadel of Ruins will probably need help once we contact the person who agreed to host us. He seems to dissapear every time he logs into MSN.

PERL File Description:
Serious AI, be prepared to spend hours on a single file. I spent between 10 and 12 hours on the first file I made for server.

Zone Descriptions:
Intense work, be prepared to spend one day just spawning a zone and getting all set-up.

Are you a database guru?

Know that i gotta talk with Nick, the owner, before anything can truly be arranged, but I always welcome PERL Programmers as I can't program everything by myself. If you don't know how to program in PERL and you wanna learn, I will teach you as long as you program with me when I am done : P.

Thing's you will probably need to know:
Array Lists
All EQEmu functions, identifiers, sub's, and how to use each one
Variables: Global, local, and NPC
Math Commands
Random Generator (Cuz I said so : P ) This is a recquisite for nice AI in server. You will probably be writing 10-20 different possible conversations for each AI as well as developing relationships. Debating on whether I should use my variables, normal local variables, or global.
Understand how Sub's work
Be a nice person

Just know basic PERL.

email: mrasolomon@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you soon