PDA

View Full Version : Spell Stacking

krich
03-15-2005, 05:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone (perhaps Mongrel ) has figured out exactly how the client uses the spells_us.txt file to define the various lines of spells that stack/don't stack.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

krich.

fathernitwit
03-16-2005, 04:35 AM
its in the code. spells.cpp
Mob::CheckStackConflict
Mob::CanBuffStack

it is known to be incorrect. but its going to take a fair ammount of work to fix it up in all cases. Please fix this if you can, it would be great to have working correctly :)

I highly recommend using lucy as a source for stacking information, they seem to have it right. Its possible that an entire rewrite of the emu spell system might be needed if you can have only part of one spell overwritten by another spell. Keep in mind that there is rules based on the effect in each slot, as well as explicit rules in some slots (cant recall specific example)

krich
03-16-2005, 06:23 AM
My intent is to figure out exactly how the EQ client decides stacking so that it can be consistently implemented in the code. So, if you (or anyone) know if there are any rules for any of the effect slots, let me know. I'm starting with absolutely nothing except for the existing spell stacking code.

Thanks,

krich