PDA

View Full Version : EQEmu Admin Tool 5.3

Windcatcher
03-21-2005, 07:37 AM
I know it's been a very long while, but other projects tend to consume my time. Hopefully this will help.

1. Added compatibility with 0.5.8 databases, while maintaining compatibility with 0.5.5 databases (the program won't crash when loading 0.5.8 databases). It's worth pointing out, though, that the playerprofile_info.txt that comes with the admin tool is for 0.5.5; I don't have an 0.5.8 server (I use 0.5.5), so I don't have that information. Besides, the point of playerprofile_info.txt is for users to modify it to suit their purposes. As a side note, some integer fields in future databases that let the tool read the major/minor/subminor versions of compatible EQEmu servers would be really helpful.

2. Fixed a number of crash bugs that arose when switching databases in the Preferences window.

3. Fixed a bug where player inventory wasn't correct.

4. Changed a number of icons to improve the program's appearance.

5. Version 5.2 introduced an ability to read the .S3D zone files for the selected zone in the spawns tab (see 5.2 notes in readme.txt). This version has an additional button on the spawns tab that displays any detected zone line information in the .S3D file. It doesn't necessarily show all of the zone lines (I don't yet uunderstand all the ins and outs of zone lines in .WLD files), but it will display what it can. It should help when trying to figure out zone line IDs and locations.

The major impediment to using 0.5.8 seems to have been in the way they handle pathing grids, and this version should be compatible with the 0.5.5 and 0.5.8 ways of doing things. Feedback is always welcome.

WC

sdabbs65
06-29-2005, 06:46 AM
I know it's been a very long while, but other projects tend to consume my time. Hopefully this will help.

1. Added compatibility with 0.5.8 databases, while maintaining compatibility with 0.5.5 databases (the program won't crash when loading 0.5.8 databases). It's worth pointing out, though, that the playerprofile_info.txt that comes with the admin tool is for 0.5.5; I don't have an 0.5.8 server (I use 0.5.5), so I don't have that information. Besides, the point of playerprofile_info.txt is for users to modify it to suit their purposes. As a side note, some integer fields in future databases that let the tool read the major/minor/subminor versions of compatible EQEmu servers would be really helpful.

2. Fixed a number of crash bugs that arose when switching databases in the Preferences window.

3. Fixed a bug where player inventory wasn't correct.

4. Changed a number of icons to improve the program's appearance.

5. Version 5.2 introduced an ability to read the .S3D zone files for the selected zone in the spawns tab (see 5.2 notes in readme.txt). This version has an additional button on the spawns tab that displays any detected zone line information in the .S3D file. It doesn't necessarily show all of the zone lines (I don't yet uunderstand all the ins and outs of zone lines in .WLD files), but it will display what it can. It should help when trying to figure out zone line IDs and locations.

The major impediment to using 0.5.8 seems to have been in the way they handle pathing grids, and this version should be compatible with the 0.5.5 and 0.5.8 ways of doing things. Feedback is always welcome.

WC

I just wanted to say I like this tool a lot and I use 5.2 for 6.0.
it don't work for everything but is still very usefull and saves a lot of trouble looking things up.
it's a very well designed program that gets the job done even if it is incompatable with some fields.

Saharri
09-08-2005, 07:05 AM
Hey Wind,
Just a curiosity question here, but whats the future look like for a EQAdmin 6.2 ?