PDA

View Full Version : Let me get this straight

Aeawyn
03-22-2005, 11:52 AM
sorry if im repeating everything...but i just got introduced to this last night at 11.

1) I wont be able to play emu until a new patch comes out with sony.
2) Do i need to download anything that doesnt come with the everquest disk....to play on nonlegit servers. Or am i ok with just eq. no alien programs.
3) Sony cant do anything to you for playing this...such as legal action (same thing as people downloading music illegally?)
4) All i have to do is download, patch, and create a login and i can play.

ive read other posts, and i get the eqgame.exe encountered a problem error. Im guessing thats because i a) dont have the up to date patch...or b) do have it? lol.

sorry for repeats. I dont understand how Sony cant do anything about this :P

RangerDown
03-22-2005, 12:32 PM
You're going to have to wait until we have a live compatible patch. We cannot assist you with obtaining any previous client versions, as doing so would be distribution of warez and that *is* something Sony can do about.

Cisyouc
03-22-2005, 02:48 PM
sorry if im repeating everything...but i just got introduced to this last night at 11.

1) I wont be able to play emu until a new patch comes out with sony.No, you wont be able to play until the EQEMu devs update the code to live.
2) Do i need to download anything that doesnt come with the everquest disk....to play on nonlegit servers. Or am i ok with just eq. no alien programs.Just eq.
3) Sony cant do anything to you for playing this...such as legal action (same thing as people downloading music illegally?)No, If this WAS illegal, they would go after the devs not the players, but its not anyway. As long as you arent downloading illegal backpatchers or whatever.
4) All i have to do is download, patch, and create a login and i can play.No. You have to wait until our code is working with the latest patch.

ive read other posts, and i get the eqgame.exe encountered a problem error. Im guessing thats because i a) dont have the up to date patch...or b) do have it? lol.You do not have the right patch. Is that error caused by that? Its hard to tell. However, If you just came to EQEMu last night, you dont have the right patch.

sorry for repeats. I dont understand how Sony cant do anything about this :P

Aeawyn
03-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Thanks guys :) Alright....one last question. Why is it illegal to download backpatchers? How does it damage anything. All i see it doing is stopping people from playing who just started.

Cisyouc
03-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks guys :) Alright....one last question. Why is it illegal to download backpatchers? How does it damage anything. All i see it doing is stopping people from playing who just started.Only Sony has the right to distribute their software--we dont. Handing out their software is like giving out stolen goods. Giving backpatchers out could get the project shut down if we were to allow it.

onejessman
03-22-2005, 04:31 PM
in short u wont be able to play ever from my understand of things do to the new encryption system for eq

Xiao
03-23-2005, 06:22 AM
Well, as long as people collect packets and info for the devs based on the new encryption, it shouldn't be "ever". But, if people who can get on EQ fail to do so, it might be "ever".

Aeawyn
03-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Is that why this patch is taking so long? Its the wrong encryption?

i wanna play :(

Bob_Dole
03-23-2005, 08:05 PM

I tihnk mainly because most of the eqemu coders do this in their spare time.

toolfan
04-01-2005, 02:11 PM

Just play on the SoE servers then. If you want to play Everquest badly enough then you would be willing to play there rather then wait for a patch to play on a few free unstable free servers. Honestly you aren't missing much. The free servers are cool and all, but they are more of a chore to play on then the SoE ones. If you are serious about playing Everquest, and especially if you have never truely played it before then you should really goto the SoE servers and see Everquest the way it was meant to be seen.

Aeawyn
04-01-2005, 06:23 PM
I played Everquest for 4 years, and had a 65 bard on Terris Thule. :)

hellkat138
04-07-2005, 06:05 PM
haha see ya on prexus soon if you need a guild look for storm rider rebellion