PDA

View Full Version : Item Editor

Zeclume
03-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Ok Im new to this so bear with me.

I downloaded the Item Editor 3.2, MYSQL (i think its screwed up though), and the PEQ velious DB. I need to make custom items & im confused about what to do to be able to make them. I have no clue what to put in the options box that pops up for the Item Editor.

Reply ASAP PLEASE!

mangoo
03-25-2005, 04:01 PM
I will try and help u out as much as possible.

1) Item Editor: grab the 3.3 Beta version off the 3.2 release post.
2) MySQL (possible faulty): check out this post (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16120) for how to setup a server. Should also explain how to setup MySQL.
3) PEQ Velious: should just have to source it in.

Also make sure you have the latest item database from here (http://www.eqemulator.net/items.php). Hope that helps you along.

mangoo
03-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Oh sorry missed the other part of your question.

Database Name, this is the name of the database
Database User, username to gain access to your database
Database Pass, this is the password for the user
Database Host, where the server is located, this can be an ip, web address, or 'localhost'
Everquest Directory, where your eq folder is located, use the '...' box to locate the folder
Interface File, specify what interface you'd like to load in Item Editor, leave blank to load the default
Auto Save, if you make changes to an item and then switch items, having this check will automatically save the changes, unchecked you will get a messagebox asking for a save or no save

Zeclume
03-26-2005, 03:16 AM
ok i entered the information.
I entered:
DB Name: peq-velious-beta1
DB Usrnm: Zeclume
DB psswd: wrangler
DB loc: 'localhost' (typed that in with the ')
EQ dir: C:\eqemu2

it used to pop back up immediatly but now it takes a little bit then the options box pops back up. Anything i can do? maybe i have something wrong. I downloaded the velious DB and just took the name from the file that i downloaded (which is in C:\peq-velious-beta1)

Any help?

mrea
03-26-2005, 03:44 AM
What is the name of the database that you created in MySQL? peq_velious is just the SQL file, YOU name the database whatever you want.

cavedude
03-26-2005, 04:05 AM
If you followed the directions on the forums for setting up a server your database name is probably eq. Also, you don't need quotes around localhost.

Zeclume
03-26-2005, 06:28 AM
think i named it EQ, i put EQ in but it just does the same thing. I dont need to make a whole server just a couple items to send to my server op in sql format.

sysadmin
03-26-2005, 06:59 AM
dbname is the db name you gave to the database, example, if you followed any tutorial to install a eqemu server it states that you need to execute this code to create a database:

create database eq;

In this case the database name IS eq so in the database field you should use the name you used to create the database, examples:

database=eq

or could be

database=velius
database=kunark
database=test
database=mydatabase

Now for the location it should be the local ip or localhost, i should note it should not include ', examples:

location=localhost
location=127.0.0.1
location=192.168.0.1

Example settings.ini file:

[Database]
Name=eqdb
User=your_username_here
Pass=your_password_here
Host=*
[Everquest]
Directory=c:\eqemu
AutoSave=true
UI=C:\item editor\ui\

where * could be localhost or your local ip.

mangoo
03-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Try using 'root' for the username and leave the password field blank.

Zeclume
03-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Ok! i got it working but when it comes up, there is nothing in the spaces or under general statistics or anything or in the white box on the left of the window.

*Edit* Also when I press reload and items it says Out of memory

Zeclume
03-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Ok i got it to work but now when i launch it there is no info anywhere, what do i do? I did load and found the load_system thing in mysql file with the DB.
But it just disappears when its done loading, unless the screen saver screwed it up.

mangoo
03-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Ok! i got it working but when it comes up, there is nothing in the spaces or under general statistics or anything or in the white box on the left of the window.

*Edit* Also when I press reload and items it says Out of memory

Grab the 3.3 Beta version off the 3.2 release post.

Zeclume
03-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Ok got the 3.3 Beta and now when i do load, load SQL, i go into peq-velious-beta1 and i select load_system it takes awhile and after its done it closes the window...