PDA

View Full Version : Do tradeskill recipes work?

Drawde
05-14-2002, 05:51 AM
Sorry for keeping posting things like this :)
I've been working on tradeskill "recipes" and so far have done Smithing and Jewellery.
I've added the data to the DB, with the correct skill IDs (jewellery=68, etc) and checked it out with EQEmuAdmin,
however when in the game it doesn't seem to work; I summon a jeweller's kit, a gem, and a metal bar, put them in the
kit and click combine, but get the message "You cannot combine these items in this container type!"
Do you need to add the container to the list of ingredients? Or is this feature bugged in 0.3.1?

Katt
05-14-2002, 12:28 PM
I havent personally tried the Jeweling Kit one, but ive had sucess in combining items that i have done myself. Although the items being combined dont disapear, in essence.. they can keep on making more :p

Hmm
05-14-2002, 01:10 PM
heh its perfect and easy dupucating item

Drawde
05-14-2002, 11:34 PM
Here's an example recipe from my list:
INSERT INTO tradeskillrecipe VALUES (383,68,1,14640,16502,10022,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0);
It creates a Silver Amber Ring from a bar of silver and an amber gem. Or it should at least!
I'll try adding some tailoring recipes, perhaps the problem is just with jewellery. Smithing, pottery, baking and brewing don't work since they use "containers" in the world, rather in your inventory, which don't work at the minute.
Are there any class/race restrictions on trade skills, other than Tinkering which only gnomes can learn (I think)?

Wierdo99
05-14-2002, 11:55 PM
There are lots of Race only recipies in the game. Cultural armor is the perfect example. On top of this, these items not only need to be made by a certain race, they also have to be made in a certain container. (Like to make Qeynos armor, you have to be at the Qeynos Royal forge next to the clock)

stormgod
05-15-2002, 12:57 AM
drawde for baking you can bypass the in world only with a spit,
and I was thinking of a thing , the game dont know which tradeskill to use or which container can combine what , so I think you need to specify in which object it should be combined , just dont know how , but because some skills use different containers I'm almost sure that you have to specify in what it can combine.

Magic0205
05-15-2002, 01:01 AM
Drawde on the live servers any race/class combination can tinker as long as you have a tinkering kit and the right materials. Only gnomes can increase in skill thus it is not desirable to tinker for any other race.

Edit: Or at least that was the case a few patches ago when I tried it.

Drawde
05-16-2002, 04:29 AM
I tried making some changes and additions and the tradeskills now work fine. I've now got jewellery, tailoring and baking working, with most of the recipes that have both product and ingredients in the DB. Also smithing, but I can't test that out yet.
The reason that silver ring wasn't working is because I'd accidentally forgot to change the metal bar type from gold (16502) to silver (16500).

What containers with the "combine" button work with which tradeskills seems to be stored in the item data. If you try and use the wrong sort (e.g one used for combining quest items) you get an error message and the client locks up.
Also, the DB doesn't allow multiple recipes with the same product, e.g leather padding which can be made with any pelt type.
Still though tradeskills seem to work pretty well.
For now I've set the skill requirement for all items to 1, partly to make testing easier, but also since tradeskills don't seem to go up through use ATM.