PDA

View Full Version : itemcollector question

Vn188zV7ZPc=
05-14-2002, 06:11 PM
is the itemcollector intrusive at all when it sniffs packets? and can it be detected by a gm in anyway?

Trumpcard
05-14-2002, 11:53 PM
Nope..

I run it everytime I play, and no problems. They cant detect passive sniffers. Theoritically it could be detected if they were to do full memory scans on your machine, but this is legally questionable, and I highly doubt they would risk the legal backlash just to pick something innane up like that..

Ive run showeq for 2 years with no problems, course its on another box completely, but still, the principle is the same. I think packetcollector can be run on a seperate box if you want to, I've just never tried, I always run it locally..

Lyenu X`Arie
05-15-2002, 02:20 AM
They can't pick it up, plain and simple. All we do is take a copy of your packets coming from the network card and direct them to us for parsing. We don't access EverQuest's memory in anyway. Now if Verant does say you are doing SEQ or PC, well make sure first that you weren't dumb enough to blurt it out that you were =P. If you didn't mention it at all, then they can't do anything to you, unless they are scanning your computer. Now if they are doing that I recommend you start a lawsuit since they got disapproval from being allowed to do that, and it'd be illegal =).

Great Goat
05-15-2002, 07:33 PM
ok ill get on snaggin some high end gear for the community i dont play anymore but my friends do all the big mofo mobs in ssra, deep and such [ im Vn188zV7ZPc= dunno why my name got that way but a board admin who reads this can delete that account]