PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in custom DB's?

killspree
04-02-2005, 04:57 AM
I've been kicking around the idea recently of designing custom databases for servers to use if they so choose. I'm talking everything -- Quests, Items, Unique Encounters, Unique Lore, etc. All of it would be fully custom.

Eventually I may even get around to creating custom spell sets as well. The initial DB wouldn't require any real serverside coding, but I do have some ideas to enhance quests, spells, and even items that would require custom work. If I go through with that, I would of course offer a custom compiled version of the binaries that has all of the features added for that specific database.

So now the question is, would anyone be interested in this?

sdabbs65
04-02-2005, 07:20 AM
yup,
that would be a cool server.

farce
04-02-2005, 08:38 PM
custom servers are a great way to breathe new life into the aging EQ paradigm. The biggest thrills I had in the game was early on or when in a new area with unkown dangers around. Customization of items, spells, and mobs is a lot of work, but would make for a great server.

sdabbs65
04-15-2005, 03:46 AM
I've been kicking around the idea recently of designing custom databases for servers to use if they so choose. I'm talking everything -- Quests, Items, Unique Encounters, Unique Lore, etc. All of it would be fully custom.

Eventually I may even get around to creating custom spell sets as well. The initial DB wouldn't require any real serverside coding, but I do have some ideas to enhance quests, spells, and even items that would require custom work. If I go through with that, I would of course offer a custom compiled version of the binaries that has all of the features added for that specific database.

So now the question is, would anyone be interested in this?

if you had those laying around somewhere.
I would like to check them out, Im thinking over running a 2nd sever since we have another server avalible now.
I mussed thu the guildwars umm.. junk...
and it was hopeless to figgure out without the correct database.

Kenshin
05-06-2005, 10:43 AM
if anyone can make me a custom Db i can put it up on my server cuz right now i can't find a database with more than 20,000 items, and i'm hurtin'...so if anyone can make one or has one made already...email me at SolidSnake1120@aol.com

thnx