PDA

View Full Version : New bazaar on EQlive

RangerDown
04-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Shortly after DoN was released SOE decided that the new "buyer bazaar" zone that came with the expansion was so frustratingly winding and complex with all its hallways and mini-portals...

... that it would be perfect to make that zone the bazaar zone for everyone!

Now, nobody can seem to give me a lore explanation on why when I walk down the hallway from the nexus to the bazaar, I'm effectively in a whole new dimension, and what happened to the old bazaar?? But since when has SOE given a (!($!(#! about lore :(

Once Emu is live compatible, SOE's changing of the bazaar zone could have a big impact on servers that make use of the bazaar.

Is the current live client hard coded to use the new bazaar zonefile any time somebody zones to bazaar, or is it still possible to zone into the old zone? Moving/deleting/renaming zone files is not the answer I'm looking for here -- if you had a freshly patched EQ, is it possible?

Perhaps, and we can only hope, the hooks for the old bazaar are still alive and intact. If not, servers that use the bazaar zone might want to keep this in the back of your mind as live compatibility (hopefully :D) draws near.

killspree
04-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Deleting the new bazaar should work. For example, you can make .s3d versions of OoW zones and it will load them if you don't have the .eqg version in your directory. That is unless they decided to add something in to where it only looks for that specific extension for certain zones now.