PDA

View Full Version : Few Problems

Cans
04-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey everyone.

I'm encountering a few problems with MiniLogin when I run it, and for some reason I can't find a fix for them, so I'll post here ;p

Basically, I get everything working all the way through to entering the game. I can create a character, load them into the game, and there will be NPCs and such in that zone. However, when I try to zone using either /zone, #zone, or simply walking from zone to zone, it gives me the loading screen, but I wind up at the safe spot of the initial zone I was in. I have tested this with different zones, so I know it isn't a single zone problem. I do have more than one open zone window (3 of them).

Also, none of my spells are loaded. So, basically, I can't #cast, #findspell, or proc anything because they aren't loaded.

As for basic stats...

I'm running the MiniLogin on the 6.0 version of Emu, and since I can log in, I do have the pre-15th patch (just to remove the obvious question out of the way). Also, I am running this with no internet connection whatsoever (which may be the reason for why I can't zone properly, though not sure).

To me, it looks like a database issue, but I just can't pinpoint where it is or find the fix for it.

Any information and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cans.

Cisyouc
04-12-2005, 11:49 PM
You can NOT use a spells_us.txt from the latest patch. You have to have a pre-dec 15 spells_us.txt in your eq directory AND your eqemu directory.

Cans
04-13-2005, 01:32 AM
Ah, okay. That's the problem with the spells then.

Is that also the reason why I cannot zone properly?

cavedude
04-13-2005, 02:07 AM
Make sure all the references to zone short names in your database are identical, including capitalization. For example, if Misty Thicket is listed as Misty in the zone table and as misty in the zone_points or zonepoints_raw table you will have trouble zoning into Misty Thicket.

Cisyouc
04-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Ah, okay. That's the problem with the spells then.

Is that also the reason why I cannot zone properly?Yes. .