PDA

View Full Version : Way to override assisting

cavedude
04-16-2005, 01:09 AM
My problem simply is to get guards working in newbie zones I put all creatures that are non-KOS/non-humanoid on the newbie KOS to guards faction. This is fine except for the fact that they assist each other! On live most creatures at that level (except beetles) never assist at all and here on my server you have spiders helping bats. It's anarchy ;) I noticed in npc_types a social field that doesn't seem to work. Could that be reapired so that if it's a 1 the creature will always assist and if 0 then it will never assist?

sysadmin
04-16-2005, 04:24 AM
The reason all noob mobs assist all mobs is because they are in the same faction and are social.. to change this behavior do:

- create a different faction for each type of mob, like spider faction, rat faction, bat faction, etc.

- change npc_type.social to 0 (don't assist) or 1(assist).

- fix guards to hate this new factions.

cavedude
04-16-2005, 04:32 AM
Creating a faction for each mob is too messy and it would not be needed if social works as intended. (Leaving most noob mobs clumped together with social 0 and having another beetle only faction with social set to 1 would behave as on live and with only 2 factions used, instead of 10+) The problem I have is whether I set social to 1 or 0 the mob still assists. So for me at least, social is broken.

Sarepean
05-11-2005, 01:57 PM
If you want to see something really weird, on a default install of the database for 6.1DR1, a guard in Neriakc will assist THE RODENT when a newbie attacks it! Holy crap, it's so funny to attack a rodent, look up and see a guard running at you! =P