PDA

View Full Version : Error Running Perl

Ghost Fire
04-16-2005, 04:48 AM
Well my Prob. is with this error. I get it running EQEMu 0.6.0 DR2 Perl or running EQEMu 0.6.0 DR3 Perl.
But if I remove Scalar.pm and WrapTie.pm from C:\Perl\lib\IO I'm able to log into Everquest just find. But still no quests. [Status] Error initializing perlembed: failed to install plugin printhook, do you lack IO::Scalar?
[Status] Fatal error initializing perl: failed to install plugin printhook, do you lack IO::Scalar?
What i typed is in Italic
C:\Documents and Settings\Ghost>perl -MIO::Scalar -e "print 'Installed'"

Can't locate object method "new" via package "IO::Scalar" (perhaps you forgot to
load "IO::Scalar"?) at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Scalar.pm line 6.
Compilation failed in require.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

C:\Documents and Settings\Ghost>perl -MCPAN -e shell
Terminal does not support AddHistory.

There seems to be running another CPAN process (pid 1392). Contacting...
Other job not responding. Shall I overwrite the lockfile? (Y/N) [y] y

(Tons of things loaded in between here but deleted for space)

cpan> perl -MIO::Scalar -e "print 'Installed'"

Unknown command 'perl'. Type ? for help.
cpan>

So my Question is... Is it my Scalar.pm and WrapTie.pm files or is it my Perl install ??? or both.

sysadmin
04-16-2005, 05:20 AM
i think you should remove all perl and reinstall following a good and updated tutorial, like Solid11's tutorial

Ghost Fire
04-16-2005, 05:49 AM
Ok sounds good. I'll try it. Also thats what I used in the first place to update to Perl. Server Setup.doc from Solid11.

Edit:Well the Scalar.pm and WrapTie.pm. You don't need it. :o Also I noticed that my Perl Quests was inside another folder. Example: E:\EverQuest Server\EQ Emu\EverQuest Perl DR2\Quests\peq_quests\airplane
So I move all the quests into the Quests folder.
Example: E:\EverQuest Server\EQ Emu\EverQuest Perl DR2\Quests\airplane
Well now it works :D Time to try and write some quests ;)
Thanks Sysadmin and Solid11.

Cisyouc
04-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Also.... you missed the point of perl -MIIO::Scalar -e "print 'Installed'". It is used to test if you have IO::Scalar, in which you didnt. Since you dont, you would run perl -MCPAN -e shell and then Install IO::Scalar.

Ghost Fire
04-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Well Cisyouc C:\Documents and Settings\Ghost>perl -MIO::Scalar -e "print 'Installed'" was a test on an old install before hand to see if it worked. Then I typed everything in again to show what commands I was doing.
Sorry I should have edited that out.