PDA

View Full Version : Phase 1 Complete

KingMortenson
04-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Well after lots of trial and error KMRA now has a cool little Feature.

Guilds can take over the zone Plane of War ,

We're useing a unique system coded by Bleh but it's not useing the GW code. Guilds can now go in and Kill General Rallos Zek, and when they do if they have the Most guildies in the zone when he goes down, then they win the zone. There is a Server wide Broadcast that says "Plane of War has been captured by Guildname" The General respawns and it wears the Winning guilds Tag as well as being Ally to only that guild, and everyone else on server is KOS..

The End result of this project has many more features and details , but this parts working GREAT so far :)

The zone is entirely PVP, and Invadors who do not Own the guild zone is as Skeletons, the guild that own PoW zone in as Zeks :).

We're going to be setting up some Special merchants that sell items for the zone as well as other cool stuff in the near future.

-KMRA STAFF

Cisyouc
04-17-2005, 01:12 AM
-When Responding to a post, make sure you have something to add to the thread, responding to a thread to derail the topic in a big no.Ahem......

KhaN
04-17-2005, 01:19 AM
Hail, dictatorship.

Richardo
04-18-2005, 04:54 AM
Smells like GuildWars to me :p But not bad

Rithien
04-19-2005, 07:27 AM
I still don't think pvp is a very good idea on a server like KMRA because balance is next to nonexistant, but sounds like a nice feature anyway.

Richardo
04-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Agreed, there is absolutely no balancement to KMRA, GM's are even corrupt.. They twink their own characters, for example this "Iamien" character. I'm well aware that you guys have a rule against twinking your own characters but no GM's on your server go by your rules it seems. I dont mean to offend you in any way King Mort, but... In my honost opinion if it matters at all, I suggest you make KMRA legit completely and whipe characters and start over. And dump all of those rediculous GM's and stick with a crew that "works" on your server instead of standing there talking to their friends. Which brings me to my next point, the GM Position should be taken more seriously... It is a job and a responsability, not a free ticket to uberness. I had logged on a couple weeks ago to find myself getting flamed and beaten down by 2 GM's that were bored on your server. Like I said, I dont mean to offend you King Mort but perhaps you should take more consideration on your crew bud.. Anyhow, the server is nice and I complement you on your great connection for I have yet to have gone Link-Dead and your coder is very talented but KMRA could be a lot better if you put your mind and time into it and do away with this "favoritism" garbage that GuildWars had so much of.

KingMortenson
04-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Water too pure has no Fish

cavedude
04-24-2005, 12:12 AM
Actually that statement isn't true. When I was a kid, there was a creek by my house that was so clean you could drink from it (and I did) The fishing was great. I caught tons there (or I guess it could have just been the same fish over and over hehe) Sorry to be off-topic I just have this habit of attempting to disprove philosophical statements.

jubeiie
04-24-2005, 01:57 AM
KMRA is fine how it is. If someone is more uber than you that doesn't mean that it's unbalanced. Theyjust play more and quest more. You get that ancient armor and then see if you talk the same stuff which I doubt.....

Wiz
04-24-2005, 02:54 AM

Servers corrupt only attract leeches.

Iamien
04-24-2005, 06:56 AM
Agreed, there is absolutely no balancement to KMRA, GM's are even corrupt.. They twink their own characters, for example this "Iamien" character..

Lexen(Richardo) I do not even play the character "Iamien" anymore and I have NEVER played with a character that I summoned items for. Also the only time I have summoned an item was by KingMort's Permission. And to your comment of

Which brings me to my next point, the GM Position should be taken more seriously... It is a job and a responsability, not a free ticket to uberness.

I volunteer on KMRA to help with the addition to content that KingMort wishes. I do not even play on KMRA anymore for that exact reason, acusations of cheating. I have devoted alot of time to KMRA whether it is spawning entire zones, spawning quest mobs, writing quests, or running events. I am not saying there is not corrupt GMs in EQEMU but do not accuse somebody of being corrupt withouy knowing for sure.

Stealth_raptor
04-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Belfedia
04-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Please, i don't understand why KMRA server problem are on this EQEMU forum. :(
After Guildwars, now KMRA and tomorrow ? We must make a FLAME server section no ? that is a good idea for child's pleasure :( Sorry but i'm too old.
My advise ? Plz just read forum rules, i think they are here for a good thing...

AiorosSZ
04-24-2005, 04:22 PM
I think the KMRA staff has done a badass job. I have zero complains with their server, in fact, its the best server I have ever played in my life. Props to you guys, that you might summon something every now and then that's cool with me cuz you made this server and you deserve it !

Rithien
04-25-2005, 06:06 AM
KMRA is fine how it is. If someone is more uber than you that doesn't mean that it's unbalanced. Theyjust play more and quest more. You get that ancient armor and then see if you talk the same stuff which I doubt.....

I played some and did get some ancient armor. That doesn't change my opinion on pvp there being unbalanced.

Someone being more uber than me is fine, as long as there isnt a 0% chance I can even get a hit on them before they kill me instantly

Cisyouc
04-25-2005, 02:43 PM
After Guildwars, now KMRA and tomorrow ? We must make a FLAME server section no ? that is a good idea for child's pleasure :( Sorry but i'm too old.
My advise ? Plz just read forum rules, i think they are here for a good thing...Its not flaming..its discussion :P

Stealth_raptor
04-25-2005, 06:14 PM
"In all institutions from which the cold wind of open criticism is excluded, an innocent corruption begins to grow like a mushroom..."

Belfedia
04-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Its not flaming..its discussion :P

Optimist :p

Stealth_raptor
04-26-2005, 12:44 AM
"Power is always dangerous. Power attracts the worst and corrupts the best."

Richardo
04-26-2005, 08:16 AM

Jubeiie(Kumadar), playing more is completely different than earning more. And tell me what is balanced about some guy with 20k AC, against someone the same level with like, 8k ac... I feel sorry mostly for casters without pets, they are worthless... Not even pet classes could kill melee, and if they could.. its someone who just started out... So, tell me again how its balanced? And I dont mean this is flaming KMRA in any way but, I just feel my suggestion could be useful is all, sorry if I offended anyone...

RangerDown
04-26-2005, 08:35 AM
To my knowledge, PoWar is the only zone that was made PvP in this manner. I don't think the pvp balance is something that should be given top priority if this is the only zone it'll affect.

If the plans are to make more zones like this, then they'll have to take a long look at it... but barring something like that, concentrating too much on pvp balance could hurt PvE balance. See DAoC for examples of that.

Richardo
04-26-2005, 01:00 PM
To my knowledge, PoWar is the only zone that was made PvP in this manner. I don't think the pvp balance is something that should be given top priority if this is the only zone it'll affect.

If the plans are to make more zones like this, then they'll have to take a long look at it... but barring something like that, concentrating too much on pvp balance could hurt PvE balance. See DAoC for examples of that.

Where the balancement takes place is.... there will be no competition when the guy with all the sick gm gear garbage takes the zone.... There is no point to PoWar :/

Wiz
04-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Isn't semi-legit PVP kind of a bad idea all in all? I mean... EQ is itemized PVP to a large extent. If uber gear is summonable, that raises the base bar for everyone's power to the extent where the "rare" items have to be exceptionally uber, which kind of fucks up the entire concept.

Not to mention the fact that every class can summon up an array of clickies, which more or less eliminates the caster over melee advantage, especially with summoned resist gear that will take any amount of flak.

Oh well, then again, any semi-legit/non-legit has a lifespan of weeks at most.

KhaN
04-27-2005, 05:23 AM
In what fucking world you live ? in my country, you would have less chance to get ill by drinking pure river water where fish are then drinking water you buy in supermarket ...
I will learn you something, if some race of fish live in a river, it show the water is extremely pure (yeah, even if they poo in it ...).

To return on the post topic ..
My advise ? Plz just read forum rules, i think they are here for a good thing...
No worry, it will be your turn soon :/

Wolfgame
04-28-2005, 04:06 AM
I stopped playing on KMRA, Ive asked gms if they summoned there stuff mort, they openly say yes. I've been a gm on a few servers and one thing I know is that you have to have competent working gms, who push aside playing on the server and decide that they are there to continue the balance of the server. once a gm decides they are there to play, and moderate, thats when problems arise. some people just like haveing the power, and others realise they are there, and have a responsibility. Ive seen very few gms that realise this on KMRA.

Richardo
04-28-2005, 04:42 AM
Oh well guys, some people enjoy it, some don't... This is why there are varieties of servers for everyone and if there arn't, guess what.. They can make their own :)

RangerDown
04-28-2005, 04:44 AM
Some tips that any server could use:

I believe that the current code has, and has had for a few months now, an audit log that it writes to for any command that requires an access level above 0. I suggest that server ops periodically review the file which is probably located under the logs/ subfolder of their eqemu folder.

Also there is a log_level (or something similar) in the variables table. Change the value of this to turn on logging of player trades and possibly other items of interest. This will log certain things to an "eventlog" table that is in the database.

Finally, check the database table "hackers" periodically. Anyone in this table has attempted to use a GM flag hack -- causing the client to believe they are a GM and then using one of the GM-only / commands.

Wiz
04-28-2005, 07:56 PM
I stopped playing on KMRA, Ive asked gms if they summoned there stuff mort, they openly say yes. I've been a gm on a few servers and one thing I know is that you have to have competent working gms, who push aside playing on the server and decide that they are there to continue the balance of the server. once a gm decides they are there to play, and moderate, thats when problems arise. some people just like haveing the power, and others realise they are there, and have a responsibility. Ive seen very few gms that realise this on KMRA.

Playing and GMing isn't a big issue if you're just selective with your staff and moderate them via logs.

I'd say not letting your GMs play is a bigger issue because they'll grow bored and quit.