PDA

View Full Version : Castspell($userid,num) not working

SiliconeClone
04-25-2005, 03:46 PM
I can not implement this in anyquest I do. I took the nexus scion transporters and had to changed them all to a self cast translocate to work. I tried to implement a mob with death touch and castspell would still not work so I had to goto a selfcast. I am using 6.0 dr2 has anyone else experienced this problem?

Prince_Thirneg.pl
sub EVENT_SAY {
if ($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hello $name . What have you come to growth for?");
}
if ($text=~/phatty lewts/i)
{
quest::say("There are no Phatty Lewts for you here $name!");
quest::castspell($userid,982);
}
}

opinions? fixes?

mwmdragon
04-26-2005, 04:38 AM
This has been an issue for a while. if you read anything about casting spells in the forums you will see that because of the spells being set as either detrimental or not is affecting the castspell command.

Search and give a read. Hope this helps.

SiliconeClone
04-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Aye I read that... but this particular spell is DeathTouch for 32k I would hardly tag that as beneficial. But I suppose it very well could be tagged wrong in the database, I will have to check that out.

Cisyouc
04-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Use selfcast(spellid)
Or, use shout("$name!!!") + damage(32000).

SiliconeClone
04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Thanks I will try your second solution. Tried the first one the other night and the character will shout his/her own name before dying lol. The second one looks good though :)

RangerDown
04-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Wait... lemme get this straight.... the CHARACTER shouts the name, not the NPC?

Rei_Aensland
04-28-2005, 12:40 AM
Nevermind this is left blank

SiliconeClone
04-28-2005, 12:42 AM
If I use the selfcast method yes the character shouts the name.

selfcast(982)

Goes something like this

Keljor shouts: KELJOR

and then boom I am dead :p I have not tried the second method just yet, but it looks good.

RangerDown
04-28-2005, 02:32 AM
Oh, yes you'll get that if you selfcast.

Lucy shows the spell as a detrimental 32k DD, and this data comes directly from the spells_us.txt. I don't think it's anything to do with a beneficial tag.

Cisyouc
04-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah, just try
quest::shout("$name!!!");
quest::damage(32000);It wont have the name in caps, but it should do...

SiliconeClone
04-29-2005, 01:11 AM
hmm still having problems on this one.

#Prince_Thirneg.pl
#zone growthplane

sub EVENT_SAY {
if ($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hello $name . What have you come to growth for?");
}
if ($text=~/phatty lewts/i)
{
quest::say("There are no Phatty Lewts for you here $name!");
quest::shout("$name!!!");
quest::damage(32000);
}
}

Changed it from $castspell and #selfcast to the suggested, and now he yells the name but the 32000 damage is not going through. Heh I am about ready to give up on this one, was just simply play on an old urban legend. The closest I have come to getting this to work is using selfcast method. He will not cast the spell using #spellcast and he will not do the damage using the damage method... any other suggestions?

Edit: In fact no matter what spell I try and get this particular NPC to cast... he always Cast a mage pet instead?? lol

Malignus Wingnut
09-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Ya know...to be authentic you gotta make the unicorn in PoM say what he says.

You hail him ,he says something ridiculous, and you say "phat lewts?", and he says something to the effect of "To My KnOwLeDgE, PrInCe ThIrNeG iN tHe PlAnE oF GrOwTh HaS acQuIrEd A VeRy LaRgE sUpPlY oF pHaT lEwTs..yOu ShoUlD gO aSk hIm FoR sOmE.. HeHehHeHeHeHeHEHeEEE!!!!"

I have a screenshot of this from live somewhere, ah well.