PDA

View Full Version : Mesamine Oho

_Kerosh_
04-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Mesamine Oho, or And now it begins...
Long befor, above existence itself, there were many powerful beings, each being a god. The existence they were in was one of balance, free-flowing energy that any can take and give back. Corruption, dark energy, the light energy, truth, and the grey energy, divine inspiration. All three were in perfect balance, all three a perfect place for these beings. Something went wrong. Nihmdu, an exceptionally powerful being, believed that all should be divine energy, the perfection of dark and light energy mixed as one. His friend did not believe in this and faught against him. Nihmdu tortured him into a plague, a disease for his creation, his dream of making all into perfect and divine energy. The machine worked for seven cycles before breaking down, the friend of Nihmdu had become free. A war broke out, and Nihmdu crushed all and brought them into his being. Energy mixed within his being. He became fully grey energy, but there was no one left, nothing. He grew lonely, sad for his losses. He then created a forest and two smaller beings, ones that were sort of like what his race was like. They enjoyed the forest and he enjoyed them. Unraveling, he created more to wander this forest. Some left the forest to create places of their own. He longed for the old adventure, the ancient time from whence he came.
That's all for now, though there is a lot more. Might be a server, who knows, but I don't got time right now. The server of course would not be in this level of existence, it would be within Nihmdu's Creation.

Feedback Appreciated :D. I will make it into a server if people like and when I have time, but know that this isn't the story everyone will be following. The story players will be in will go more like this:
Mesamine Deleno Oho
And so the seventh age begins....
War errupted across the planet. The Shadowed One had struck and taken the stone of truth (a large crystal). Laius, Croashka, Gaeyune, heroes from all parts of the world, friends for life, fought against this corruption. None knew of the Shadowed One save for the beings of energy and servants of these beings. Others only knew of his servant, which they believed to be the cause for all. They didn't know he had a master, they believed him to be the master.

Belenae Caltyeno...
And so the story ended. Alkon, Observer of the creation of Nihmdu left to warn Nihmdu of what was to happen. The Council of the Void stayed to fight against the Shadowed One. The people had failed. Chaos swarmed over them as the creation was destroyed. They were thrust into the existence of Nihmdu. The battle there had not yet begun.
*Note*
Players start in the sevent age a few hundred years after the new world is formed.

Names are confidential... That is why I only released Nihmdu and Alkon.
Feedback like I said above would be helpful.
Tx for your time all
Not sure if this post goes in this category or not either, but I wanna make the server with some people ^^

Also, don't have anyone to host it if I plan to. So, and I can't afford a server, heh.
Just wondering. Thumbs up icon if you like, thumbs down if you don't like so i know what I'm about to read. Tx

_Kerosh_
05-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Obviously I'm bad at posts..

pimmpie
05-03-2005, 05:14 AM
i stay dormant on the boards (though i have been around for years...) but that i would make my debut post, replying to your thread.

The backstory, sounds a little to complicated (or that could be the fatigue of long hours getting to me) I would keep it very in depth, yet simple. (if possible)
Simple will let the fast paced, and A.D.D. riddled ppl keep up with the storyline, while the in depth part will keep people immersed in the world around them, keeping them wanting to quest, to find out more. Though, you can get very in depth with quest writing once you get the server up, and a perl coder to help ya out. (not exactly my strong point...but given enough time, sure i could do a little) That could further your story line also....

I think you are on the right track. One thing that i have noticed, that makes or breaks a server is 1) playability - being able to start out at a certain lvl (besides lvl 1) with decent gear/weapons to be able to just go out, and kill in order to build up your chracter. I wouldnt suggest starting out at lvl 65, but, you could build like KMRA, but with that also will come problems...especially with casters, unless you take the time to redo spells. 2) stable server - lag will kill your server before it even starts to crawl. Without it being up 99% of the time, the server will die before it is born. 3) loyalty - a good thing to have when running a server of your own. Dependable people to help you run it, that will not abuse what you and others have worked hard on, and willing to go the extra mile to help not only the players out, but other staff members.

If you do decide to go futher with your project, and need a helping hand...i would be glad to help out. I am no perl coder, but i can lend a helping hand if you need it. If someone you know, is a good perl coder, for the quests, i have tons of ideas to help out with to have custom content.

Hope is all works out for ya though, sounds like you are heading in the right direction, and starting out with a plan, instead of first making the server, then tryin to make up a storyline + content etc. and people log onto it, see nothing, then won't come back when there is stuff, because before, there was nothing there. Good Luck!

Woodlife Treestrider
05-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Kerosh... you should do it. if you want to make a server, you know im in. later

Orknel