PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO make spawns

mikeGreen
05-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Can someone make a good HOW TO on making spawns and Respawn times.
Or if it has been done please point me in the right direction, and please dont say search cause iv been trying forawhile.

Belfedia
05-10-2005, 10:22 AM
You don't search enough :p
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13293&highlight=%23spawn
try to read this guide it was very complete i think :)
Explain all DB use for npc and table :)

Darktanion
05-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Bel its great only the link is broken to give me what each of the _chr for names and placements of each. If you can help a bit more that would be great as I noticed that the landscape of lavastorm is completly white and I know from playing live that it should be rocky and fire/steam brewing out from the ground. Now about the character models themselves I followed the link you gave and tried to update lava since the gobbies were men only with the name of a_fire_goblin_scout and I went into my lavastorm.txt file under eq and noticed that the gob_gob didnt have the ending of the _chr so I changed those to have that extension on them and still it did nothing to the mobs character appearance. If I am missing something here please let me know Sir Guru Bel :)

Belfedia
05-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Rofl i'm not a guru :p

For lavastorm:
they are 2 version of lavastorm, peq velious database (and other) work with old version. Juste delete lavastorm.emt and lavastorm.eqg and you can have old lavastorm. I don't know how make the new lavastorm for now.
For Mob skin:
Only native zone mob can be spawn. If this mob is on DB you can spawn it with dbspawn 'ID mob' command. If not you must make a new npc (read all the guide i have link all is explain) and race is the skin of mob, if this skin is'nt usable on zone you have a human skin.

Darktanion
05-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Didnt quite follow you hehe so I am wanting to edit the load_system.sql and find the file on lavastorm and any extensions that have the eqg and the emt on it? Or inside of the zonefiles.sql???

Belfedia
05-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Sorry forget you are a newb :p
.eqg and .emt files are in your everquest directory :p

Sarepean
05-14-2005, 02:12 AM
Actually, if the creature you're wanting to make a spawn for already exists, then you can create it from in server. Here's how.

First, type #findnpctype creaturenamehere

That should get your creature's ID.

Now, type #npctypespawn creatureid

That should spawn it right on top of you.

This is where I can't remember the exact commands, but if you'll type #help spawn, you should see a command that will allow you to create a spawn. Maybe something like #npcspawn create or something? At any rate, it creates the spawn point in the database where you are standing. I did this to add shadowed men to my server where they were supposed to be.

EDIT:: Reading your post about Lavastorm, something is very not right with all of that. You may have to repatch and check all files. =/ Wait until it's live compatible again.

Darktanion
05-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Bel your a butt lol at least I have the phpadmin linked to a web db. Thats pretty good for a noob lol :) J/K bro.
But on a serious note I already found those files in the eq folder took them out and lava is back to normal and the mobs are now red gobbies again yeah!!! Sarepean thanks for the tutorial bro but I already tried all that and they still came out in podisease as humans. However I am trying to figure out from either the db or from ingame how I can use the #race and then make it permanent for that mob I choose.
IE.
If I make a ratman_warrior lvl 47 it was popping as a human with all the stats of a human. This is from in game by the way not from the db. It is already set up to the base creature itself. Now when I do a #race 268 it changes into the ratman with a blue cape (you all probably already know this lol). But I want to make it a permanent change. When I attempted the #permarace thing for podisease it said it was doing it properly however it didnt change it in the db.
Not sure how to do that. But I also noticed that using this tutorial doesnt quite work all that well for me globally. I am wondering if I have to change something in the global file under eq?
Ok, now we have individual zone model forceloading working. Lets move over to making these same models load over every zone without having a zonename_chr.txt for every zone. Open the Nexus_chr.txt file you just made, then click "file" on wordpad or notepad, then click "save as" and save the file as gequip2_chr.txt.

gequip2_chr.s3d is a globally loaded file and since it is read the same way zones are read, it also searches for a _chr.txt file to load new models so then it loads over every zone.

NOTE: This is only client side, so if you wish to have everyone on your server to see these models, they "must" have these files or they will not see what you are seeing with new models.

This is a great tutorial however when I made the 406 model gequip2_chr.txt and placed all the mobs that I could find on the web section of spawn creation and found my own in the sony/eq sub folder. This is suppose to force load over all zones the mobs I chose out of the 406. When I go into the game I can change into a select few things however in each zone (and I understand why this is to disciminate between them) they are different char types that I can create. But if I wanted to make a diseased lioness up in podisease as a lvl 52 char I cannot figure that part out yet....
I hope this clears up alot of my problems and I hope you all can help me out thanks so much again. By the way the guide books are all broken and I cannot get a copy to look at so I am kinda stuck without knowing what is what as far as #'s and character mobs go. :(

LOL I just found this on a post from like 2003 or something like that when they started that guide book info from Mattmeck and Magicks post I didnt realize that the book was that important to have. If anyone has a copy would you please pm me and let me know that you can send it to my email thanks......

Originally Posted by mattmeck
What makes this job realy interesting, is not only do you need to check each mob in each zone, but for each Mob there is 36 possable materials. Some spawns will only show up in some zones with material 's 25 and 26. So thats 350+ Mobs with 200+ zones with 36 materials per mob in each zone.

Replied by Magicks
What makes it really, really interesting is that some races have different male, female and neutral models - in addition to the texture/material options What is that? like 400 x 36 x 3 ? 43,200 potential options for EACH zone if that's true. *boggle*

Belfedia
05-14-2005, 11:57 AM
You ask some kind of magic ?

http://eqfroggy.ath.cx/download/Guidebook13.7z

Enjoy :)