PDA

View Full Version : EQEmu QuestGen v1.0b

mwmdragon
05-12-2005, 04:07 AM
Made it in a few hours, try it out and report any bugs in this thread and I'll fix em.

[EDIT] Now updated to 2.0b (more requests added)

http://wbg.gotdns.com/EQEQGS_v2.0b.rar

Version 2.0b
Monday May 16,2005

- Custom Template now loads at startup

- Save now memorizes what file you were working on.

- Scrap Information area Added.

Version 1.5 Updates

- You can now customize your own template by putting a file named "
template.pl" in the same folder that this application is in, as requested.

- Save and Open Commands are now available, as requested.

- Some basic scripting info has been added to some of the Events, as
requested.

- If you have any bugs to report either report them on the EQEmu forums or
you can E-Mail me. Please do not E-Mail me with things like "You should
make it readthe item numbers from the Database" ect, as I don't have time to
implement this. This is just to help you in quest writeing not be an end all
quest development app. Besides you can gett all the info you want using
MySQLFront.

mwmdragon
05-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Bump

Please give me some feedback if you try it out.

mystic414
05-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Wouldn't install on Win2k. Something about system files not being up to date (they are).

Ghost Fire
05-14-2005, 01:27 AM
Sorry Mwmdragon I haven't had time to make a quest with your program. But what I have seen of it. It looks GREAT :D
I also had that prob Mystic414 and I'm on XP. All I did was extract all the zips into one folder and ran EQEQGS.exe.
Which now seems not to be working :( Crap, well there goes my tests for later :P Any fixes?

Belfedia
05-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Sorry Mwmdragon I haven't had time to make a quest with your program. But what I have seen of it. It looks GREAT :D
I also had that prob Mystic414 and I'm on XP. All I did was extract all the zips into one folder and ran EQEQGS.exe.
Which now seems not to be working :( Crap, well there goes my tests for later :P Any fixes?

Put all DLL in your system32 directory (in windows) and that work :)
nice work, thks for this :)

mystic414
05-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Ok got it to run.

Neat program, it has potential.

Suggestion: make a new file "template.txt" or some such that the program loads at startup as the default template, in case we want to make our own :)

Also, add save/load capabilities for those of us who are too lazy to copy/paste

Lastly, this would be really neat, and probably impossible to code: have the right pane load common commands according to which "sub EVENT" your cursor is in. So if your cursor is in sub EVENT_SAY, the right pane loads things like "if ($text=~//i) {}" or "quest::say("");". And if it's in sub EVENT_ITEM it gives you "if ($itemcount{} == 1 ) {" and "quest::summonitem();", etc so you can just click the command on the right and insert it into the code

good work!

mwmdragon
05-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Ok

I added what you guys had requested. New version available from the link above.

See the "About" area under help for the custom template info.

Give me more feedback and I'll give you a better App !!

mystic414
05-15-2005, 12:23 PM
An option to turn wordwrap on and off would be nice

the template thing doesn't seem to work... i put a template.pl in the directory and it didn't load it at start-up

Edit: if I do file > clear it loads the template correctly, but startup still is your template

mystic414
05-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Not a big deal, but the program doesn't seem to remember what file you're editing. For instance, if you open blah.pl and go to save it, it opens the "save as" dialog instead of just saving the file.

Also, perhaps add a tab on the right pane named "Custom" where you can add your own frequently used quest commands and insert them with a single click into your quest file? The custom list could just be saved in a file in the app's directory

Edit: just to make sure you understand what I'm requesting: the idea is to have all the custom commands listed at the same time (in your "Explanation" box, or the one below that), so you don't have to open a drop-down menu and search for the commands you use all the time. And, maybe a double-click would be better for this menu... so you have all your custom commands listed and you can just double-click one of them to insert it into the quest file. The less I have to do to get it into the quest file, the better :P

Edit again: you should be able to tell from all my posts and edits that i like your program a lot :)

mwmdragon
05-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Well I added most of what you wanted, see above post.

I couldn't add the Word wrap because then i would have to add line numbers so your script could be read correctly. Thats just to much work at the moment.

I didn't add your custom commands area like you wanted but I did add a scrap paper area. I think it makes quest writing easy enough already. Don't be to lazy or you might not write scripts at all :P

- Any more feed back is welcome :)

mystic414
05-16-2005, 05:46 AM
You don't need line numbers to use wordwrap. Notepad doesn't have line numbers and it's not difficult to tell what's going on. You really need to add wordwrap, though, because it makes spotting errors like a missing " or ) or ; at the end of a line much easer when you don't have to scroll back and forth to see the end of every line. Just make it an option so if you don't want it, you don't have to have it turned on.

Also, an undo/redo feature might be nice.. and if you can make it undo/redo more than one step, that would be an added bonus :P

Thanks for all the work you're doing, it's appreciated

mwmdragon
05-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Word wrap isn't supported with scrollbars in VB6, so thats a no go. As for the undo redo with multi levels, I'll look into it.

Ghost Fire
06-09-2005, 02:19 PM
I get this error when trying to get your Quest maker working :( System Error &H8007007E (-21470247700). The specfied module could not be found.

mwmdragon
06-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Thets wierd .. everyone else i have had emails from say its been great ?!? try re downloading it and installing it. Don't forget to uninstall yout current installed version.

Ghost Fire
06-10-2005, 01:41 AM
Dude mwmdragon your sig is cool :D
ok Back to the bug it says oleaut32.dll has a write protection on it. so I tried to install it in safe mode. But that didn't work. Any Ideas that would bypass that or a workaround?