PDA

View Full Version : Eqim

Sakrateri
05-31-2005, 04:15 AM
Does anyone know if there is anyway to get EQIM to work with EQEMU?
would it have to be reverse engineered or mabey could just change a file to get it to connect to a server of your choice ?

Cisyouc
05-31-2005, 06:52 AM
Eh. EQIM is really just a glorified IRC client. Heck, it would be better to write just a glorified telnet application for EQEMu that acted like EQIM. But EQEMu's server account setup is different than sony's where they can all be interconnected, EQIM couldnt work with EQEMu without being like, completely rewritten.

RangerDown
05-31-2005, 07:05 AM
Just use IRC. All servers that participate in chat channels end up interfacing with the IRC network anyways.

Sakrateri
05-31-2005, 07:56 AM
Any tutorial around that can explain how to set up irc for my server? I cant seem to find any.

RangerDown
05-31-2005, 09:22 AM
If you have not already done so, register your server key using the Server Registration link on the front page.

The server registration asks for a short chat name, which will be used to identify your server when people join chat channels. I don't know if the chat controller picks up new registrations automatically or something happens manually, but give it a little time.

You will need to edit the LoginServer.ini so that it recognizes your registered server account. Most people leave the account= and password= lines blank -- with a registered server, you need to fill those in using the same server account name and password you registered the server with. Also under the [ChatChannelServer] section, fill in the worldshortname= line with the same chat name you asked for in Server Registration. The current chat server is "channels.eqemulator.net" on port 7778.

I will wait a bit for anyone to point out anything that's not correct about this, and if everything is correct I will add it to the Wiki.

rojadruid
05-31-2005, 11:02 AM
The current chat server is "channels.eqemulator.net" on port 7778.

Very cool I did not know this, I will have to add it to my .ini and see what happens when I get home from work, this would be very cool if it works.

Sakrateri
05-31-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok thanks Ranger