PDA

View Full Version : switching to mandrake

drunk_punk
05-20-2002, 02:42 AM
hello everyone. I am getting another computer and im networking my main computer to it. ( my main will have windows xp pro ) and the will be networked to the new one ( which will have mandrake linux and will be connected to the internet ) i only have one question for you all. how will i get the emu set up on it and will mandrake hold show eq and all the other files that i want it to run ( sorry im a noob at linux stuff because i have been a windows user my whole life, but i just want to get into linux because i was told that it is much more stable and better to use. well thanks for everything and have a nice day ( hope to here for you all with a bit of help)

Trumpcard
05-20-2002, 02:58 AM
Will it 'hold' showeq? Well, assuming you have the hard drive space, it should hold about anything you want to dump on it.

Any linux distro should be able to run the emu and showeq just fine. Bear in mind that showeq has some very particular configurables, so you will most likely end up doing alot of compiling to get it to work right, which will be very daunting to say the least for a linux newbie. But, if youre patient and willing to learn, you can get alot out of it.

EQEMU shouldnt have too many problems. I'd recommend RedHat or Mandrake for a newbie to linux (Im not a newbie and I still use RH on my primary linux box, its all around a good distro).

My 2 cents.. Ive played around with quite a few...

Also, succeed has 2 e's. Plus, you should have a comma after it and a period at the end.

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=succeed

drunk_punk
05-20-2002, 08:00 PM
thanks ill change that some day :P