PDA

View Full Version : Zone crash bug

CompBoy484
05-20-2002, 06:58 AM
Not too hard to recreate.. Was playing on Owen's Server last night. It is populated in most zones. Whenever I attack a mob that is around a large number of other mobs on the same faction (so that they will assist,) the server will produce a fatal error after I killed one (I got that message that says the zone will shut down in ~10 seconds, then kicks me to character select.) Something that I have also noticed is that it almost always includes Pain and suffering hitting me. If needed, I can easily recreate the bug.

Hmm
05-20-2002, 11:06 AM
hmm not a coder of emu but it sure sounds like server adding hate to ALL mobs that has that faction?

that or slow parsing of mobs in same faction list.

Owen
05-21-2002, 12:24 AM
I think we found out the problem to be something else actually. After doing it a few times, what I think the problem appeared to be was the special NPC attacks. i.e. summoning, enrage, rampage etc. When the NPCs were using those, the zone seems to crash. Because it doesn't happen in many zones, only high level ones where the NPCs have those special attacks.

As for the faction business, everyone is GM flagged on my server, so when they attack something all the other NPCs near them will come to assist them to kill what they are fighting, I think that is what you mean.

DeletedUser
05-21-2002, 01:43 AM
Could you be more specific? special attacks aren't all tied in together... what type of attack does it crash on, what reason do you think that special attack crashes the server for..

Owen
05-21-2002, 06:15 AM
Well I thought it was the special NPC attacks because it usually happened in high end zones where they would do it, It would not happen in lower level ones. I also thought it was the special attacks because when I had been fighting boss mobs like Lady Vox I remember that it would crash the zone. Lastly when the zone was crashing the other day, before it did I could see that an NPC had becomed Enraged or Rampage.

I just tried it again now, and it seemed not to crash, I am not sure what is different to the other day, which is quite strange because the other day people were on my server getting it to crash over and over without fail.. couldn't do it a minute ago =/

So perhaps it isn't the special attacks.

devn00b
05-21-2002, 10:05 AM
I had this problem with mobs (db created or summoned)with LOTS of hpts it was happening with a mob that would summon me over and over and over then boom zone crash.

DeletedUser
05-21-2002, 10:21 AM
I will look into this...

CompBoy484
05-22-2002, 07:29 AM
Whoops, forgot to check the thread over here, lol. Was on the other day when no one else was on (in PoH) and was soloing some stuff (ding 62! :D .) When one would enrage, even around about 5 other mobs, the zone didn't crash. Also, when I recreated the bug, I turned off my GM flag so that I was standard with factions (usually KoS.) Also had the PvP flag on, although I don't know if that affects it. So far, it has only happened in Sebilis and The Hole. The Hole is probably the best place to test it because there are a crapload of pets at the safe spot in the zone with a mob standing right next to them. Will log on and see if I can do it again and further investigate the bug.