PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 5.8

Windcatcher
06-08-2005, 05:57 PM
1. Fixed a bug that arose both in executing scripts and in grouped objects. If you rotated certain scripted objects or grouped objects they could become mangled. Like an idiot I implemented rotation with left-handed coordinate system transformations, and changing it to right-handed will cause problems for any zones that were built with the current system. At any rate the code did neither properly for these types of objects. The code now compensates for the difference, and rotating these objects should work properly now (we'll just have to live with the fact that rotating around Y goes counterclockwise instead of clockwise). Any existing zones shouldn't suffer from the change.

2. Added a ladder script under the buildings category. It's pretty powerful and should be adequate for most people. The above fixes to rotation were necessary to make it work. The width of the ladder is set by its X size, the thickness by the Y size, and the height by the Z size. Use rotation to point it any way you want, and there are other options as well. The script file itself has more information.

3. I found a newer version of the wall script that I use that, inexplicably, wasn't in the distribution. It's vastly more powerful than the one that was there before, and is necessary for anyone who wants to properly export my Veldona zone.

Get it while it's hot:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=88515&package_id=128908&release_id=333647

Wind