PDA

View Full Version : Today's lunch special: Fried Squirrel

RangerDown
06-24-2005, 07:03 AM
Right around 8:45am (Central) this morining, my power went out. So, I moped around and did what I could without electricity... write a few checks pay a few bills, eat breakfast but limit how often I open the fridge door... the usual stuff.

Around 12:30 I start to wonder if the electric company is aware the power was out, so I call them. They say they thought they already had it back on. So after checking all breakers and disconnects I tell them that mine is still out.

After they finally get it back on (around 1:30), the guy knocks on my door and says what the problem was is.....

... a squirrel had run up on the transformer pole nearest my house and blew a fuse. He had blown a fuse on the pole that was nearest to my house and fed into the meter, not the road pole, so they had fixed everybody else up and not realized mine was still out.

So, evidently the squirrel, and MY transformer pole, was responsible for blowing the whole road's power out this morning. I don't think I'll be telling any of my neighbors :) And yes, I walked out to the pole and found a dead-as-a-doornail squirrel on the ground. No noticeable shock or burn marks, but he was your standard dead squirrel. Very, very dead...

mystic414
06-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Wimpy squirrels... they drop almost as quickly as rangers

Cisyouc
06-25-2005, 03:36 AM
Wimpy squirrels... they drop almost as quickly as rangersDon't give rangers so much credit.

RangerDown
06-25-2005, 03:56 AM
</3 :( ..........