PDA

View Full Version : New: How To Setup a 0.6.1DR2 Server

sesmar
06-26-2005, 06:52 AM
I have been working on putting together a Tutorial on setting up a EqEmu 0.6.1Dr2 Server. You can view this tutorial at http://eqemu.sesmar.net/eqemu_6_1dr2/

Check it out and let me know what you think or if I have left anything out.

LordHogFred
07-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Does this actually work with the current EQ live patch?

Hellefire
07-03-2005, 11:44 AM
The database directory was named eqdr2_{something}. Might want to specify to rename it eqdr2. Also, you said to type in 'use eq' instead of 'use eqdr2'. Everything else seemed to work ok, though the eqhost file looked like this:
[Registration Servers]
{
"67.15.24.48:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"67.15.24.48:5997"
}

I changed the IP address for Login Servers to the eqemu address, inside the quotes. When I ran the shortcut (with patchme), the icon looked like the old EQ, the shield with blue letters. And it patched from live-eq and changed eqhost to look like you said it would in the tutorial. I exited out of Live and re-changed the eqhost file, but specifically to what you had suggested:
[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5998

and I found the EQGame icon (black with gold letters) and made a shortcut for that, and added the patchme to the command line. Now it seems to jump in without patching, but after logging in I get a blank server list.

** edited to avoid looking too stupid **

not getting a server list at all, is my next dumb problem

Besides a couple typos, the use eq/use eqdr2 and renaming the eqdr2 folder were the only problems I found.

Aaron

sesmar
07-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Thank you for your comments and what you have noticed I will look into these corrections.

This version of eqemu was live comaptable before the path on 6/29/05 however it is still extremely buggy and under development.

MysticDeath
07-19-2005, 02:57 PM
This version of eqemu was live comaptable before the path on 6/29/05 then why i get 1017 error?

Jadianrules
07-28-2005, 12:11 PM
I ran into a brick wall when you're supposed to open mysql through the command prompt, for some reason it just won't let me do it. It says it's not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Wolfofhate
08-05-2005, 04:58 PM
this picture says it all

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/dreaddor/wontwork.jpg

just wont work

kawika
08-05-2005, 05:11 PM
try cd c:\mysql\binIt's not that it won't work, it's that you haven't given the community enough time to help you...nor have you asked for help before saying "just wont work"

vRandom
08-05-2005, 05:22 PM
according to the picture mysql is installed in the root of c: which is a bad thing, (not that it won't work, but could cause problems)

should have unziped the mysql with directorys...

cd \bin (since it's in the root dir)
vRandom

kawika
08-05-2005, 06:42 PM
I have to disagree vRandom. The folder is named mysql and is in the root directory...hence making the path to the bin directory at c:\mysql\bin

Wolfofhate
08-05-2005, 07:33 PM
ignore this

Dr Zauis
08-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Thank you for your comments and what you have noticed I will look into these corrections.

This version of eqemu was live comaptable before the path on 6/29/05 however it is still extremely buggy and under development.

I have the same version of everquest as PEQ has as of this very second.
<I mean is it compatible with PEQ as I know I can log in there>
I think I have everything working now. I made a few mods along the line(Dont ask me yet I need another month or so to give you an answer_LOL).

Anyway I have no errors in world.exe or boot5zones.bat.
My server shows up in the port 5998 login select along with PEQ and others.
<Yes I want it others to be able to play on my server(I hope)>

Now I set my server to open/Tried to log in/received 1017 error.
<The World.exe says Expecting OP login something or other Discontecting client IP xxxx.xxx so I assume Im communicating to the server>
So this leads me to my question of compatibility.
Also do I need to register my server or not? Is that necessary?
EDIT>> Oh and the server type says minilogin. Does that need to be changed? How can I do that if this thing is even gonna work with my version LOL!

Thanks..

EDIT>>>OK Forget the questions..I think I figured out that Im gonna need a No_IP account(To enable others to play) or something to login from the server select. Anyway I have months to do this..I guess I gotta quit with this for awhile and work on another project..Hopefully I can try again in a few weeks..

Dr Zauis
08-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Rule #1..Always assume your client is not compatible!
Im using this database with a 0.6.1DR1 server. I hope there are no issues. I havent tried with perl yet. Ive been studying Mysql front and understand somewhat what is happening. I will try to flag my char as a GM. The EQemu Guidebook is a good thing.

Iadas
08-19-2005, 02:35 AM
Howdy all,

Just trying to start up my own emu to play around with and was following this guide and had a question.

Was able to follow it very well, but when I went to try to play I didn't know what to type in for the username/password. WOuld it be the normal station password? I tried the DB User/pass that I set up but it wouldn't connect.

Thanks much.

Ellengos
08-25-2005, 01:15 PM
I am able to log into the game and play on the preferred server, but the server I created does not work.

When I try to run world.exe, I keep getting these two errors:

Error message: 'Version invalid'

and

Error: DBAsyncCB_LoadVariables failed: !GetAnswer: '#1146: Table 'eq.variables' doesn't exist'

bolerus
09-16-2005, 06:38 AM
hi all

I followed the instructions

and when I hit world, its starts off but then i get

connecting to LoginServer : newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5998
Login server responded with FatalError. disabling reconnect
Error message: Account/Passwrod invalid
209.165.244.252:5998: TCPConnection ::RecvData<>: Error: 10053

Now I have definatly used the same password in the Grant that I used settign mysql up.

the mysql.ini reads

#This File was made using the WinMySQLAdmin 1.4 Tool
#13/09/2005 22:45:06

#Uncomment or Add only the keys that you know how works.
#Read the MySQL Manual for instructions

[mysqld]
basedir=C:/my/mysql
#bind-address=192.168.0.191
datadir=C:/my/mysql/data
#language=C:/my/mysql/share/your language directory
#slow query log#=
#tmpdir#=
#port=3306
#set-variable=key_buffer=16M
[WinMySQLadmin]
Server=C:/my/mysql/bin/mysqld-nt.exe
user=bolerus
password=chrisabc

and the Grant I typed was:-

c:> mysql -u root

mysql> use EQ
database changed
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eqdr2.* TO bolerus@localhost
IDENTIFIED BY 'chrisabc' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Query ok, 0 rows affected <0.00 sec>
mysql> exit

Now I think the 0 rows affected is maybe the real problem.

Can any body help please, I even made a DVD copy of my eq instalation before downloading any of the DOD patches, so i am hopefully on the correct version.

deazone
09-16-2005, 06:47 AM
hi all

mysql> use EQ
database changed
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eqdr2.* TO *******@localhost
IDENTIFIED BY '*******' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Query ok, 0 rows affected <0.00 sec>
mysql> exit

Now I think the 0 rows affected is maybe the real problem.

Can any body help please, I even made a DVD copy of my eq instalation before downloading any of the DOD patches, so i am hopefully on the correct version.

0 rows affected is ok, however.. your using the eq database, and granting privileges on the eqdr2 database. Also you should change your username and password now.. (Use ** when posting, or people will take advantage)

bolerus
09-16-2005, 06:54 AM
i did actauly use a "fake" password

I also tried use eq, as the first part and grant eq on the second.

shoudl i use eqdr2
and then the grant?

bolerus
09-16-2005, 07:00 AM
doh neither of those variations worked :(

deazone
09-16-2005, 07:10 AM
doh neither of those variations worked :(

It could also be your db.ini (located in your eqemu directory)

[Database]
host=localhost
user=mysql userid
password=mysql password
database=eq or eqdr2

bolerus
09-16-2005, 09:00 AM
yeah i thought that, and checked it, unfortunatly that was corect (was set to eqdr2)

I am wondering if i maybe installed one of the files to a bad directory or something

tallerin
09-16-2005, 09:17 AM
go into your loginserver.ini and remove the account and password if you added one in there.

[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqemulator.net
loginport=5998
worldname=tallerinstes
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false
account= <---------------- should be blank
password= <---------------- also should be blank

with an account and password in this field you get this

Connected to LoginServer: eqemulator.net:5998
Login server responded with FatalError. Disabling reconnect.
Error message: 'Account/Password invalid'
209.165.244.252:5998: TCPConnection::RecvData(): Error: 10053

bolerus
09-16-2005, 10:54 AM
well that fixed that error Tallerin, well spotted :)

im getting version invalid now lmao