PDA

View Full Version : 0.6.2-DR0 in CVS

Doodman
07-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Anyone that has been pulling the Development tag from CVS has probably noticed that the revision bumped to 0.6.2-DR0. To pull the development tag you need to specify you want version "Development":cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eqemulator co -rDevelopment EQEmuCVS

Here is some info about it:
Compatible with the 7/14 live patch.
Highly alpha (hence the DR0). A lot works, but a lot doesn't.

Please report things you find broken. Please be detailed if you want it fixed. Reports like "merchants are broken" aren't very helpful.
Get collects from live for the things you see as not working, if it applies. See here (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=CategoryCollecting) on information on collecting on live.

Requires item table changes in the database (this is assuming you are using PEQ database):ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK145 UNK150 int not null;
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK141 UNK145 int not null;
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK137 UNK140 int not null;
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK133 UNK135 int not null;
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK129 UNK130 int not null;

ALTER TABLE items ADD clicklevel2 int not null AFTER clicktype;
ALTER TABLE items ADD proclevel2 int not null AFTER proctype;
ALTER TABLE items ADD wornlevel2 int not null AFTER worntype;
ALTER TABLE items ADD focuslevel2 int not null AFTER focustype;
ALTER TABLE items ADD scrolllevel2 int not null AFTER scrolltype;
Subsequently you will need to:
Re-serialize* your items using serialize_items.pl in utils, or
Reload them from the latest itemdb in text format from that you can get from here (http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/download.php).

For world/zone, you'll need to add files from common to the vs.* project file(s) (if you're using Windows):

EQWorldPacket.cpp
EQZonePacket.cpp
EQLoginPacket.cpp
EQChatPacket.cpp
EQMailPacket.cpp

For EMuShareMem you'll need to add a file from common to the vs.* project file(s) (if you're using Windows) (not really a 0.6.2 change, but seems to carried over from 0.6.1:

SharedLibrary.cpp

There are no pre-compiled binaries. Roll your own, find someone to roll you one, or sit tight.
The login server on 5998 is the one you should use.
Make sure you are using the latest opcodes.conf file. It's in Source/utils in CVS. If you roll a binary for someone/others make sure you include it with world/zone when you distribute it.
Yes, we know that mobs stop walking but continue their walking animation. Both me and FatherNitWit have spent a lot of time trying to find out why. Help us fix it, or get used to it.

I think that's it for now, I'll add to this if I think of other things.

* It has been reported that serialize_items.pl doesn't work right, I'll be looking at it tonight to see why. So, either take option b or sit tight.

sdabbs65
07-18-2005, 12:02 AM
I didn't notice these files included are they on sourceforge ?

You'll need to add files to the vs.* project file(s) (if you're using Windows):

EQWorldPacket.cpp
EQZonePacket.cpp
EQLoginPacket.cpp
EQChatPacket.cpp
EQMailPacket.cpp

Dr Zauis
07-18-2005, 02:01 AM

What does this mean? Maybe that PEQ may become compatible with live soon?

The reason Im asking is...My Family members are not compatible right now.
Should I tell them to copy/paste their folders now or wont it make a difference if there is another patch. I mean if there is another patch then PEQ devs will wait and complete that before changing? Like is there ever a time where PEQ becomes compatible with an earlier version or is it always
changing directly to a live version?

I hope that makes sense!

sdabbs65
07-18-2005, 02:25 AM

What does this mean? Maybe that PEQ may become compatible with live soon?

The reason Im asking is...My Family members are not compatible right now.
Should I tell them to copy/paste their folders now or wont it make a difference if there is another patch. I mean if there is another patch then PEQ devs will wait and complete that before changing? Like is there ever a time where PEQ becomes compatible with an earlier version or is it always
changing directly to a live version?

I hope that makes sense!

Why not to to PEQ's website and ask them instead of hijacking a DEV thread.

Doodman
07-18-2005, 02:29 AM
sdabbs65: Are you sure you are pulling the development branch from sourceforge? Check common/version.h to see if you really are on 0.6.2-DR0

Dr Zauis: That is up to the PEQ guys as to when/if they will move to 0.6.0-DR0 or not.

sdabbs65
07-18-2005, 02:37 AM
sdabbs65: Are you sure you are pulling the development branch from sourceforge? Check common/version.h to see if you really are on 0.6.2-DR0

Dr Zauis: That is up to the PEQ guys as to when/if they will move to 0.6.0-DR0 or not.

your right im not..
#define CURRENT_CHAT_VERSION "EQEMu 0.6.1-DR1"

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eqemulator co EQEmuCVS

Doodman
07-18-2005, 03:59 AM
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eqemulator co -rDevelopment EQEmuCVS

I'll update the post showing this,

drognir
07-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Everything compiled fine on vs .net 2003, but while compiling Zone i get the following errors
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * ChatOpcodeManager" (?ChatOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * LoginOpcodeManager" (?LoginOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * MailOpcodeManager" (?MailOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * WorldOpcodeManager" (?WorldOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * ZoneOpcodeManager" (?ZoneOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * ZoneOpcodeManager" (?ZoneOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class EQZonePacket * __thiscall EQZonePacket::Copy(void)const " (?Copy@EQZonePacket@@QBEPAV1@XZ)
Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class EQZonePacket * __thiscall EQZonePacket::Copy(void)const " (?Copy@EQZonePacket@@QBEPAV1@XZ)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * ZoneOpcodeManager" (?ZoneOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A) referenced in function "public: static unsigned int __cdecl Object::TypeToSkill(unsigned int)" (?TypeToSkill@Object@@SAII@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * ZoneOpcodeManager" (?ZoneOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A) referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall Client::Process(void)" (?Process@Client@@UAE_NXZ)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager * ZoneOpcodeManager" (?ZoneOpcodeManager@@3PAVOpcodeManager@@A) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall Client::MovePC(char const *,float,float,float,unsigned char,bool,enum ZoneMode)" (?MovePC@Client@@QAEXPBDMMME_NW4ZoneMode@@@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall EQChatPacket::EQChatPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (??0EQChatPacket@@AAE@PBEI@Z) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall EQStream::MakeApplicationPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (?MakeApplicationPacket@EQStream@@IAEPAVEQApplicat ionPacket@@PBEI@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall EQLoginPacket::EQLoginPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (??0EQLoginPacket@@AAE@PBEI@Z) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall EQStream::MakeApplicationPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (?MakeApplicationPacket@EQStream@@IAEPAVEQApplicat ionPacket@@PBEI@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall EQMailPacket::EQMailPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (??0EQMailPacket@@AAE@PBEI@Z) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall EQStream::MakeApplicationPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (?MakeApplicationPacket@EQStream@@IAEPAVEQApplicat ionPacket@@PBEI@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall EQWorldPacket::EQWorldPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (??0EQWorldPacket@@AAE@PBEI@Z) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall EQStream::MakeApplicationPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (?MakeApplicationPacket@EQStream@@IAEPAVEQApplicat ionPacket@@PBEI@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall EQZonePacket::EQZonePacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (??0EQZonePacket@@AAE@PBEI@Z) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall EQStream::MakeApplicationPacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)" (?MakeApplicationPacket@EQStream@@IAEPAVEQApplicat ionPacket@@PBEI@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class EQChatPacket * __thiscall EQProtocolPacket::MakeChatPacket(void)const " (?MakeChatPacket@EQProtocolPacket@@QBEPAVEQChatPac ket@@XZ) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall EQStream::MakeApplicationPacket(class EQProtocolPacket *)" (?MakeApplicationPacket@EQStream@@IAEPAVEQApplicat ionPacket@@PAVEQProtocolPacket@@@Z)
Zone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class EQLoginPacket * __thiscall EQProtocolPacket::MakeLoginPacket(void)const " (?MakeLoginPacket@EQProtocolPacket@@QBEPAVEQLoginP acket@@XZ) referenced in function "protected: class EQApplicationPacket * __thiscall

While running worlddebug i get a list of opcode erros as well. While in-game i'm unable to zone, but i am able to boot zones up etc. I am using the latest opcodes from cvs.

drognir
07-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Nvm, got it to build clean... Can't zone though, and when i #kill myself i go to CharSel, but it puts me in the zone..

Rimok
07-22-2005, 06:23 AM
I got Sharemem.dll to compile. Pulled cvs last night. Not having much luck with world/zone. I added the files from common. Getting winsock.h errors. Probably something I did to my compiler install. I'm using vc++6 sp5. If anyone gets a good compile please pm me with a url I can grab em from =).

I'm also looking for a dump of a db...

drognir
07-22-2005, 06:35 AM
If it's a perl compile, do this

On line ~18 of perl\lib\core\socket.h, change it from:
#include <winsock.h>

to:
#include <winsock2.h>

Rimok
07-22-2005, 06:38 AM
:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\winsock.h(49) : error C2011: 'fd_set' : 'struct' type redefinition
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\winsock.h(83) : warning C4005: 'FD_SET' : macro redefinition
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\winsock2.h(134) : see previous definition of 'FD_SET'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\winsock.h(92) : error C2011: 'timeval' : 'struct' type redefinition
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\winsock.h(148) : error

And alot more of the same... Prob a noob error.

Rimok
07-22-2005, 06:40 AM
Nope not a perl compile. Although I need to install Activestate.. Obviously the goal is to get a working server =P. Won't be much of a server without quests.

Thanks for all ur help drog. I'd like to quit eqlive and this is my shot I think.

Rimok
07-22-2005, 06:42 AM
If it's a perl compile, do this

#include <winsock.h>

to:
#include <winsock2.h>

Your post on my comp doens't display all the text.

drognir
07-22-2005, 06:59 AM
#include winsock.h

to:
#include winsock2.h

Apparently it doesn't like <><><>

Rimok
07-25-2005, 05:40 AM
is missing for me. Am I not getting everything in cvs? I only need to do the one cvs co right?

Rimok
07-25-2005, 06:01 AM
I still get errors compiling the files we add from common.

Sample is :

--------------------Configuration: World - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
EQChatPacket.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(49) : error C2011: 'fd_set' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(83) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(134) : see previous definition of 'FD_SET'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(92) : error C2011: 'timeval' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(148) : error C2011: 'hostent' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(161) : error C2011: 'netent' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(168) : error C2011: 'servent' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(175) : error C2011: 'protoent' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(259) : error C2011: 'in_addr' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(309) : error C2011: 'sockaddr_in' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(319) : error C2011: 'WSAData' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(391) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(430) : see previous definition of 'SO_DONTLINGER'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(449) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(483) : see previous definition of 'AF_IPX'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(468) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(506) : see previous definition of 'AF_MAX'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(474) : error C2011: 'sockaddr' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(483) : error C2011: 'sockproto' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(520) : error C2011: 'linger' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(533) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(573) : see previous definition of 'SOMAXCONN'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(551) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(598) : see previous definition of 'FD_READ'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(552) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(601) : see previous definition of 'FD_WRITE'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(553) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(604) : see previous definition of 'FD_OOB'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(554) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(607) : see previous definition of 'FD_ACCEPT'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(555) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(610) : see previous definition of 'FD_CONNECT'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(556) : note C6311: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock2.h(613) : see previous definition of 'FD_CLOSE'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\winsock.h(829) : error C2011: '_TRANSMIT_FILE_BUFFERS' : 'struct' type redefinition
Error executing cl.exe.

EQChatPacket.obj - 13 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Now it looks like part of the project is using winsock.h and part is using winsock2.h... I can't seem to find the files that need changing. I found a couple references to winsock2.h and changed em to winsock.h and still no-go. Ans I do not have a perl/* subtree.

Thanks.

haxx7
07-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Rimok, did you have any luck fixing this?

I'm having the exact same problem.

sdabbs65
07-28-2005, 05:48 AM
Rimok, did you have any luck fixing this?

I'm having the exact same problem.

I was able to compile it fine once I added files to the vs.* project file(s) (if you're using Windows):

EQWorldPacket.cpp
EQZonePacket.cpp
EQLoginPacket.cpp
EQChatPacket.cpp
EQMailPacket.cpp

morepo
07-29-2005, 08:05 AM
Hi all, I am pretty new for this forum and

I just made success to build 0.6.2-DR0 on NetBSD with some platform specific modifications, and also made DB thingies setup done with information from this forums. (Thanks a lot guys B)

Now I have a world server and zone servers running on my NetBSD box, but I can't login into the world server with Minilogin 0.6.1 downloaded from sourceforge project page.

Are there plans to update the Minilogin to 0.6.2 (with the latest opcodes.conf)?

Or is it possible to login with 0.6.2-DR0 server with 0.6.1 Minilogin using the latest opcodes.conf?

Anyway I put some debug print in world/client.cpp to check what the Minilogin server send to the world server with OP_SendLoginInfo (w/ opcodes.conf included in 0.6.1 Minilogin.) And its show:

1. strncpy(name, (char*)li->login_info,18) and name is '1'.
2. strncpy(password, (char*)&(li->login_info[strlen(name)+1]), 15) and password is just a garbage, barely NUL terminated fortunately :)

When I tried to use the latest opcodes.conf with 0.6.1 Minilogin, the world server wasn't respond.

Hope this might help someone :)

P.S.
If someone trying to run 0.6.2-DR0 or older version of EQemu on NetBSD, you might do followings:

1. Increase SYSV maximum shared memory size with kernel config by:
options SHMMAXPGS=16384

2. If you are using perl-5.8.1 compiled on older NetBSD (like 1.6), zone servers embeded perl dumps core. Update it to perl-5.8.6nb4, the latest pkgsrc.

sdabbs65
08-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Hi all, I am pretty new for this forum and

Iservers embeded perl dumps core. Update it to perl-5.8.6nb4, the latest pkgsrc.

are you able to complie eqextractor as well ?
I seem to be stuck on the patch version.

c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1188) : error C2039: 'npc' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\common\eq_pa cket_structs.h(191) : see declaration of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1188) : error C2039: 'pet_owner_id' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\common\eq_pa cket_structs.h(191) : see declaration of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1213) : error C2039: 'last_name' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1224) : error C2039: 'hairstyle' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1228) : error C2039: 'texture' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1229) : error C2039: 'helm' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1229) : error C2039: 'helm' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1255) : error C2039: 'delta_heading' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1258) : error C2039: 'spawn_id' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ extractors.cpp(1259) : error C2039: 'spawn_id' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(51) : error C2039: 'spawn_id' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(53) : error C2039: 'last_name' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(54) : error C2039: 'npc' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(79) : error C2039: 'delta_heading' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(88) : error C2039: 'pet_owner_id' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(91) : error C2039: 'beard' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(93) : error C2039: 'texture' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(97) : error C2039: 'helm' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'
c:\eqemu\wincvs\cvsnt\eqemucvs\source\eqextractor\ buildwriter.cpp(98) : error C2039: 'hairstyle' : is not a member of 'Spawn_Struct'

Rimok
08-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Still having the same problems. I got a new laptop and am going to make another attempt at it. But, I'm going to install activeperl first. Plus looks like other peeps are having success. Not sure what is wrong with my setup but I'd like to get it going.

Thanks guys.

dune4672
08-10-2005, 06:33 AM
I am pretty new to the forum and after a few days of trying to research the issue and reslove it on my own I have decided it's time to ask for help.

I have a 0.6.2-DR0 server that builds and loads cleanly but anytime I try to zone i get a message saying "This zone is not ready for visitors, please try again in a few minutes." I have tried rebuilding my database using the SQL files included with the CVS and still have not been able to resolve this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dr Zauis
08-11-2005, 03:01 AM
I am pretty new to the forum and after a few days of trying to research the issue and reslove it on my own I have decided it's time to ask for help.

I have a 0.6.2-DR0 server that builds and loads cleanly but anytime I try to zone i get a message saying "This zone is not ready for visitors, please try again in a few minutes." I have tried rebuilding my database using the SQL files included with the CVS and still have not been able to resolve this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Check out this list of bugs..http://www.krusher.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=130

Also the last time Krusher had his server up all the animations seemed really good. At least no NPCs were running in place anymore..I think Krusher is trying to fix the zone issue as we speak.(I hope)

morepo
08-12-2005, 04:58 AM
are you able to complie eqextractor as well ?
I seem to be stuck on the patch version.
:

Actuallly, I haven't built the eqextractor since I believe that it is not related to EQEmu servers' startup.

sdabbs65
08-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Actuallly, I haven't built the eqextractor since I believe that it is not related to EQEmu servers' startup.

no it's not but it good for collects...
good info from it as I got it to compile tonight.

C:\eqemu\collect\pf>eqextractor
Usage:
eqextract [options] (packet file...)
Patch Modes:
-P - Auto-detect patch mode based on file internal
-p [patch name] - Manually specify the patch name,
Extractors:
-a - extract AAs
-d - extract doors (fuzzy, recommended)
-D - extract doors (strict)
-o - extract world objects & ground spawns (fuzzy, recom
-O - extract world objects & ground spawns (strict)
-z - extract zone points
-Z - extract zone header
-t - extract tribute entries
-T - extract tribute descriptions
-b - extract books
-m - extract mob information
-s - extract skill titles
-M - extract task history
-C - print the short name of the zone.
Build file options:
-B [filename] - create a build file for eqbuilder
Explorers:
-1 - explore zone headers
-2 - explore objects
-5 - explore unknown
-c - Print channel message while exploring
-l - Print spawn list with IDs
-U [id] - Explore position updates
By Default, text updates are printed. (needs DB)
-i - generate inserts instead of text data. (no DB)
-u - generate updates instead of text data. (needs DB)

FaerinTelDanor
09-06-2005, 01:50 PM
drognir, can you tell me how you fixed the "Zone error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class OpcodeManager" errors? I'm getting the same problem ... the opcodemanager header and includes are all included in the project and called where they should be, can't figure out why it's giving the errors.

Thanks.

ajb20
10-18-2005, 02:05 PM
1. EQWorldPacket.cpp
2. EQZonePacket.cpp
3. EQLoginPacket.cpp
4. EQChatPacket.cpp
5. EQMailPacket.cpp

These 5 files seem to be non-existant on the cvs release, where can we find them? :)