Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

I copy the following files in to my c:\mysql\bin\ directory

db.sql (from the 0.3.2 pack)
db09.sql (renamed, Drawde's db 0.9)
EQemudbupdate.sql (from MSH 0.1)

I run the following commands, on a fresh unsourced eq database

use eq
source db.sql
source db09.sql (a couple of beeps for errors occur)
source EQemudbupdate.sql (a few more beeps for duplicates and stuff occur)

Then, when I load the worldserver, it can't load zone names, thus the DB not being 0.3.2 compatible. Anyone got ideas??

My only idea was to make an old database (eg use the 0.3.1 database, source in the drawde and MSH) then import it in to the default 0.3.2 database. Would that work?

I can run the server fine with a fresh db sourced from the 0.3.2 db.sql alone. So it's not me server set up that sux. Anyone got ideas??

Lurker_005
05-22-2002, 04:20 PM
The news page mentioned DB changes. Until the changes are updated in the DB's They probably won't work.

DeletedUser
05-23-2002, 01:40 AM
One note, the zone table has to be dropped if your not dropping your database and then sourcing db.sql, zones are now identified by number not name.

asiegman
05-23-2002, 01:50 PM
I just scratched my old database. I'll wait till drawde/hogey get there's updated to have populated zones i guess =)

asiegman
05-23-2002, 09:16 PM
Got Drawde's working with his new update.

Hoping Hogey get's his released, cuz on my server Drawde's mob tend to all spawn in one big pile at the safe zone in point. Dunno if that's a general EQEmu bug or what.

Had I any interest in a few hours of thorough annoyance (stupid mysql) i'd just right a converter to take out the right columns and add the new ones in for an older copy, but blah so boring and annoying I hate mysql =(

Lurker_005
05-24-2002, 03:28 AM
Take a look at the posts under hogie's DB. There is a complete DB version compatable with 3.2