PDA

View Full Version : New Packet Collector

fathernitwit
08-15-2005, 02:16 PM
hey guys,

put out a new packet collector, nothing major, just a recompile with new opcodes.

linked here
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EmuCollect

please collect whatever you can. You can target luclin+ zones for PEQ, and upload them per PEQ instructions at the link above or just go play online, zip up your day's logs, and upload them to PEQ in one blob.

I thought I would take the time to post this as well, email from sony:
[quote]
Hot Days of Summer

The pavement is melting, the grass is brittle, and every living thing with an ounce of sense is lying low where it’s cool. But this summer you can still enjoy the great outdoors without suffering the blistering heat and slathering on SPF 5000—get into the great indoors with EverQuest

solid11
08-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Weeeeeeee........

fathernitwit
08-16-2005, 02:03 AM
hey,

heres a quick list of shit we need collected asap. When collecting this stuff, it is best to send a tell to 'a' (or some other name which cannot be a player) stating what your about to do, and another when your finished. Then I have nice place holders in the logs to look for unknowns.

- using the guide UI for petitions if possible!
- all guild functionality:

OP_GuildRemove
OP_GuildPeace
OP_GuildWar
OP_GuildLeader
OP_GuildDemote
OP_SetGuildMOTD
OP_GuildInvite
OP_GuildDelete
OP_GuildInviteAccept
OP_GuildManageRemove
OP_GuildManageAdd
OP_GuildManageStatus
OP_GuildBank

- charming some mob
- buying something from another bazaar trader
- the new barter system. (we have nothing so far)
- augmenting an item (maybe de-augmenting too)
- doing an LDoN adventure or two
- both sides of a duel, requestor and requestee, and both winner and loser.
- successfully safe-falling to avoid damage
- a warrior shielding somebody else (preferably both sides)
- groups:
- invite to make a new group but canceling (both sides, cancel from both sides), inviting into an existing group but canceling(all 3 sides, cancel from both sides), joining an allready existing group (all 3 sides), being removed (and removing self) from a group of 3+ (all sides), becoming group leader, group leader disbanding group of 3+ (all sides)
- creating a raid
- going through the tutorial (just major elements)
- successfully using disarm trap
- buying a leadership/raid AA skill
- doing a 1-person task (record rewards please)
- doing a group task (record rewards please)
- completing a task which yeilds crystals
- using a discord merchant (viewing, buying, selling)
- losing a level above 12
- being the leader in a group and using (if its not always on) each leadership/raid AA. Need each ability collected so we can implement it.
- being in a group where the leader uses each leadership AA.
- spending crystals (?)
- buying a regular AA
- being removed from a raid
- using the looking for guild tool, from both sides

solid11
08-16-2005, 04:21 AM
phewww....good thing you didn't want much.....LOL, JK FNW.

"- trying to zone into a zone which is unavaliable (hard to get but very important)"

meaning like a zone you don't have a key for?

fathernitwit
08-16-2005, 12:18 PM
no, as in the zone is down, crashed, etc. but key might work... give it a try.

wize_one
08-16-2005, 04:02 PM
that would be trying to get into the guild hall b4 it's created for you..(its a instanced zone, so if no members of your guild are already there and you try to enter, it tells you try again in 10 secs zone is loading up).

fathernitwit
08-17-2005, 01:19 AM
actually, scratch that.. I was thinking about the world packet that says zone unavaliable, which current collector will not collect anyhow. We have the zone packet.

Debacle
08-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Well, I have the newest collector, and tried to get some of the specifics requested. I uploaded these in the /Other folder.

I know you guys are busy, but if you get a chance let me know if these logs are being captured properly - I'd hate to waste both my time and yours. I'll continue to work on these specific requests as well as zone captures as time permits.

Sickboy
08-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Quick question.. I just reactivated my account on live to do some collecting and noticed my guild is doing Beta testing for the new expansion. Should I try collecting over there or would it bring unnecessary heat / etc? (not sure if it would be considered warez or whatnot)

fathernitwit
08-18-2005, 01:46 AM
well word is that they changed a lot of crap for beta. So I doubt collector would even work well, not tomention that it would be somewhat useless.

also, im updating the list above with more crap I thougth of.

fathernitwit
08-19-2005, 02:23 AM
list updated for collects. My only request is that you guys put a bitmore text into the logs with tells as described above.

solid11
08-24-2005, 06:50 AM
Well I was gonna try some collecting today and I got an error starting up.

MFC42D.DLL not found.

Now, I still have the wincap installed from the last collector because it couldn't see my network device and the old one works fine, besides the broke with live part.

Any ideas?

JohnRev
08-24-2005, 03:07 PM
I'll get on collecting some things on live.

fathernitwit
08-24-2005, 03:17 PM
solid,

have you tried re-downloading it... I fixed this a few days after the initial release.

solid11
08-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Yep that worked =)

solid11
09-02-2005, 08:23 AM
*Posted this on PEQ forum also*

Hey all have a collect update. I just uploaded these as a package deal in the "Others" section. Here's what I got:

1. Bought an AA ability
2. Viewed and bought from bazaar trader
3. Viewed and bought from Discord merchant
4. Lost a level on a level 21 toon
5. Removed and added an augment
6. Did a solo task from PoK
7. Did a run through in tutorial doing all required tasks from the starter task to improve the charm, collect from all merchants, and went ahead and did several different types of group invites and cancels, both sides.

Let me know if these files contained/collected the things you wanted correctly. Thanks.