PDA

View Full Version : Login errors and minilogin..what worked for me

steffijade
08-19-2005, 07:37 AM
Hi there,
I am new to EQEMU but have managed to get my own server up and running using minilogin thanks to the tutorials posted and advice I picked up from the forums.

The problem I was having was that I couldn`t get past the login screen without hanging. After a little tinkering I managed to sort it out by creating a new login account using a couple of edits in Mysql.

To do this I opened up a command prompt and entered :

cd c:\mysql\bin

mysql -u root
use [eq];
(substitute the name of your database for the name in brackets but DON'T use the square brackets when coding)

grant all privileges on [eq]. * to [username]@localhost identified by '[password]' with grant option;
(again substitute the text in brackets but use a new name and password)

insert into account (name, status, minilogin_ip) values ('[username]', 250, '[ip address]') ;

(again substitute the text in brackets, instead of [username] put in the the new username you used in the 'grant all privileges' code. For [ip address] use the ip that you are using in loginserver,db,boot5 and eqhost. In my case this was 127.0.0.1)

This sorted out my problem and allowed me to login to my server using minilogin.

I know that this is all probably common knowledge for most people here but I thought it might be nice to give people another option when searching the forums for solutions.

mrkcmty3
08-19-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm confused, why is this in the support topics? It could be helpful, but its not asking anything. I mean shouldn't most people not need to do that if they follow the guides properly, maybe you should post that onto the the tutorial thread you followed. More people might see it that way. Just a thought. Though good to know you figured out something that worked.

Damilis
09-08-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm confused, why is this in the support topics? It could be helpful, but its not asking anything. I mean shouldn't most people not need to do that if they follow the guides properly, maybe you should post that onto the the tutorial thread you followed. More people might see it that way. Just a thought. Though good to know you figured out something that worked.

Personally, I find that reading posts that have solutions are far more valueable that threads that just contain post after post of "Its not working for me either..." Additionally, the only problem with putting stuff in a tutorial thread is that with the current state of EQEmu, aka a dynamic point in its development, that a tutorial that is accurate is non-existant. Time will allow people to play with 0.6.2 and develop solutions.

just another 2 cents.