PDA

View Full Version : New Server Looking For Staff.

omle_555
09-01-2005, 12:20 AM
New Server Currently Unnamed Will Come Up With That Later:)
Looking For Staff this is serious long term server.

=======================================

Content Designer: 1 Postion

Quest Writter: 1 Postiton

GM: 1 Postiton

=================================
catch me on msn "omle555@hotmail.com" or email me on "omle555@yahoo.com".

sdabbs65
09-02-2005, 06:10 AM
New Server Currently Unnamed Will Come Up With That Later:)
Looking For Staff this is serious long term server.

=======================================

Content Designer: 1 Postion

Quest Writter: 1 Postiton

GM: 1 Postiton

=================================
catch me on msn "omle555@hotmail.com" or email me on "omle555@yahoo.com".

I doubt you will be long term if you expect good help from here....
you must not read the fourms much.
but anyways Good Luck and if you need something give me a shout.

kikaro4414
09-02-2005, 09:23 PM
The server is up and named "Testing (legit)" Its mainly for testing currently until we decide the ebst settings for everything. it is a 0.6.1 DR1 server for now (possibly change to 0.6.2 later if possible but no rush._

Check it out, right now I need to make sure people besides myself can log in!

Woodlife Treestrider
09-03-2005, 05:39 AM
I doubt you will be long term if you expect good help from here....
you must not read the fourms much.
but anyways Good Luck and if you need something give me a shout.

I hate when people say that. People new to EQEmu may not know people outside of the forums so the only way to find someone to help them along would be in the forums. Im sure most people are capable enough to rule out certain people that do not fit the job.

So, point being, I think people should start posting more help wanted threads. You never know, someone in the boards may actually have a lot of skill but they never get a chance to show it because no one offers to let them help.

Dr Zauis
09-03-2005, 05:54 AM
The server is up and named "Testing (legit)" Its mainly for testing currently until we decide the ebst settings for everything. it is a 0.6.1 DR1 server for now (possibly change to 0.6.2 later if possible but no rush._

Check it out, right now I need to make sure people besides myself can log in!

Logged in just fine!! Seems to be a good server. I played for awhile till I hit level 2 lol.

kikaro4414
09-03-2005, 07:45 AM
Thanks! Glad to know i got it working! Not just to transfer it to my other box so I can leave it running all the time!

Oh and we are still trying to decide what rules and stuff so it might not be fully legit I dont know. we will see.

Woodlife Treestrider
09-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Heh. Do yourself a favor, keep it fully legit. Semi-Legit and Non-Legit are crappy servers. They are extremely boring and usually die within weeks of opening. That's just my opinion anyway.

kikaro4414
09-03-2005, 07:59 AM
I kind of want to. But we will see. the only real command you have is ths #zone command but i think im going to take that away. I hope we can have cool events and stuff too.

Kikaro
09-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Hmm wont let me edit my posts...

Anyway, server is up on new box so much less downtime. (Still no name Omle needs to think of one) Im just hosing it for now. Goa head and check it out and tell us what you think!

*Edit*

Im a dumbass, I didnt realize i had 2 forum names on here. Sorry for the double post...

omle_555
09-03-2005, 04:07 PM
yep still thinking of name:) not gonna rush it though more important things:)

by the way i just made a website for it not official yet but http://www.freewebs.com/omle-lo/index.html

will be updating name and such when i recive info:)

omle_555
09-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Ooooo Thankyou Dr Zauis... Dr Zauis,Dr Zauis i love that simpsons song:)

Dr Zauis
09-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Ooooo Thankyou Dr Zauis... Dr Zauis,Dr Zauis i love that simpsons song:)

LOL that was a funny song. Probably why I picked the name in the first place. I was just waiting for a new forum to join to use it.

Kikaro
09-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Im testing how long I can have the server up without disconnecting or crashing. Going on 8 hours now and Omle says its still smooth running. Pretty happy about that.

Dr Zauis
09-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Oh..Hey if you are using the same Database as sesmars 6.1dr2 tutorial then if you use mysql front or somthing to edit your database that way then you can look in zones table and set the underworld for tutorialb to something like
-50 or -100 (tutoriala too but no spawns)and you can get in there! It seems someone has spawned that whole zone. Its kinda cool.

Also I noticed when I sourced the stuff from Cavedudes Database there were alot more options in the variables table. I just replaced the files in my database and now I can set my server to leave corpses/set XP rate/Set to auto reboot a crashed zone.exe/ect...

omle_555
09-03-2005, 06:46 PM
what we plan on doing is moving all races to befallen making befallen a starting city for aLL. than make Westcommons or something the noob zone:) i think would work:) u dont know how to change zone lines to go to diffrent zone than its originally meant to go do u Dr? by chance

Kikaro
09-03-2005, 06:49 PM
ill check that out, thanks for the info!

rms1981
09-03-2005, 07:16 PM
I cant log in =/ Help

omle_555
09-03-2005, 08:07 PM
woh that was alot of info, ....

Kikaro
09-03-2005, 09:19 PM
What happens when you log in?

Dr Zauis
09-04-2005, 12:41 AM
what we plan on doing is moving all races to befallen making befallen a starting city for aLL. than make Westcommons or something the noob zone:) i think would work:) u dont know how to change zone lines to go to diffrent zone than its originally meant to go do u Dr? by chance

I havent messed with trying to zone out of order like that but I just looked at my DB and it looks like zone_points table is the one that probably controls that. The only stuff Ive been messing with is setting my safe points. Im afraid to touch zone_points as there are more than one usually for the zones.
Like POK has alot of them. Presumably because of all the POK stones.