PDA

View Full Version : How to setup a 0.6.1 DR1 Server for internet play.

Kikaro
09-06-2005, 06:20 PM
When I set up my server I used like 3 or 4 guides and sort of tweaked things here and there. So this is everything I did to get a working server.

**Note** this will set up a 0.6.1 DR1 server. If you are patched to live, you will not be able to play on it. Do not ask me how to patch to 0.6.1 because I will not tell you. Do some searching and you might find a way...

In theory this guide will work with any version you want, just select a different version or EQEmu and choose a matching database. Dont ask me though if you have problems, i am focusing on 0.6.1 DR1.

I am writing this guide in simple terms so that most can understand it. Its a pretty easy process, even to me, and i have no experience with some of this stuff. This guide is for setting up lan and online play so others can access your server. I had absolutly no problems following these steps and I think most people can figure it out.

If you do have problems I wil ltry to help, but it might be a better idea to ask in general support for some issues. I am not the smartest guy when it comes to this I am simply showing you what I did to make it work.

First download and install these.

http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-4.0/mysql-4.0.24-win.zip/from/pick#mirrors

I suggest installing MySql to C:\mysql

http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePerl/Windows/5.8/ActivePerl-5.8.7.813-MSWin32-x86-148120.msi

It doesnt matter where this is installed so go wild. I dont seem to use this so I honestly dont know what it is for. I just installed it because a couple guides said so. So go for it.

Now, once they are installed, go to Start\Programs\Perl\Perl Package Manager

This will bering up a command promt window, type the following:

Install BDI
Hit Enter and wait for it to finish.

Now type:
Install BDB-Mysql
Press enter and again wait for it to finish

Last, type:
Install IO-stringy
Again press enter and wait for it to finish. These steps took about 30 seconds or less on my system so its pretty quick.

Now that were donw with the Perl stuff lets move on to Mysql. this is pretty easy.

Open up the directory where you installed Mysql (I chose C:\Mysql) and open it up. Once inside there look for a folder named "Bin" Open this up and look for "winmysqladmin.exe" Double click this and it will load.

The very first thing that pops up is a box asking for your username and password. ***DO NOT FORGET THESE***

Type in your desired username and password and click ok. **Note** sometimes the OK is hidden just make the window bigger.

Ok so now we need a database. I chose to use a 0.6.1 DR2 database, and had no problems with it. so download this:

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/eqemu_6_1dr2/eqdr2_package.zip

Once you have this, unzip it to your C:\Mysql\Data folder. Dont worry about creating a new folder for it, it will do that itself and should be named eqdr2. If it is not names then rename the folder to eqdr2.

Now, open up a command promt, there are two ways to do this.
1: Go to Run and type CMD
2: Go to start\Program files\Accessories\Command Promt

Once the promt is open type the following:
CD C:\mysql\bin

Next type:
mysql -u root mysql

Once this is done type the following:
use eqdr2;

This will let mysql know what database to use. If all went well, it will say "Database Changed"

Now type this:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eqdr2.* TO [username]@localhost IDENTIFIED BY '[password]' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Replace[username] with your mysql username and replace [password] with your mysql password

You can now exit out of the command promt by typing "Exit" or just hitting X. either way.

Now download this:

http://www.steelpsychos.com/eqemu/eqemu_0.6.1_DR1.rar

I suggest makign a backup of this file just to be safe. I had to redo it a few times and kept re-downloading it and it became a hassle so just giving yo ua heads up.

Just if you need it, that is the site hosing the 0.6.1 DR1 Eqemu file. I keep it for reference only.

http://www.steelpsychos.com/index.php?link=eqemu.php

Now, Extract this to C:\Eqemu

OK now go into the C:\Eqemu folder you just extracted to and loate the following file:

DB.ini

Open it up and lets edit it.

It currently looks like this:

# READ README.TXT!
[Database]
host=localhost
user=MySQLUsername
password=MySQLPassword
database=databasename

### --- This file tells world.exe what computer mySQL is on. Host should
### --- be left "localhost" unless mysql is on a differant computer than world.exe.

Where it says user, replace MySqlUsername with the username you picked on Mysql.

Where it says Password, Replace MySqlPassword with the password you chose.

I told you not to forget those so I hope you didnt.

Now, hit X and close this file. When it asks to save changes, hit yes.

Now, look for Loginserver.ini

It looks like this:

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqemulator.net
loginport=5998
worldname=ServerName
worldaddress=EXTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

Ok, first, make sure the loginport is 5998. THis is a big mistake many people make.

Next where it says Worldname, replace Servername with what you want your servername to be. Do not put the word server in the name.

Now, on worldaddress, replace EXTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS with your external IP address. You can get this at www.whatismyip.com

Make sure locked says false and then hit X. Save the changes when it asks you and your done with this file.

THe next step is to find the Boot5Zones.bat. Right click on this file and choose edit.

It looks like this:

REM: ****Read this first!!!****

REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "YourIP" when you are connecting
REM: To the EQEmu Loginserver.

REM: When you are using minilogin, Replace all IP Addresses to say 127.0.0.1

REM: If you still get errors try using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off

if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . EXTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS 7995 INTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS
start zone . EXTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS 7996 INTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS
start zone . EXTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS 7997 INTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS
start zone . EXTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS 7998 INTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS
start zone . EXTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS 7999 INTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_us.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

Now, the only thing you need to change here is where it says EXTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS and INTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS.

Go back to whatismyip.com and get your external IP again. Replace all the EXTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS with your external IP. DO the same with the INTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS.

Again, close by hitting X and saving changes.

Now, Download this file:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=275456

This file is pretty big and might take a while so get a snack. If your on dialup, well, hosting a server online is just impossible.

Before you extract it, go into your C:\Eqemu folder and delete the Maps folder.

Now, extract the folder you just downloaded into C:\eqemu. It should extract into a new Maps folder. If for some reason it creates a folder not named Maps, just rename it.

Now, go into your EQ directory and copy your spells_us.txt file and replace the existing file in C:\eqemu.

Now, start World.exe, wait for it to load, and then start your boot5zones.bat, this may take a minute to load depending on your processor. mine loads in about 30 seconds. Once the 5 zones boot up, your world.exe window should recognize the zones.

Now log in!

once you have created a character and logged in, you can flag yourself as a GM.

Log out and open up a command promt.

Type the following:
cd c:\eqemu

Once this is up, type the following:
world.exe flag Username Status

Replace username with the username of the GM you want to make. Replace status with whatever status you want to give them.

0 - Legit
10 - Semi-Legit
20 - Non-Legit
60 - Guide
80 - GM-Quest Troupe
100 - GM-Admin
150 - GM-Lead Admin
200 - Serverop

It should then do a real quick process and just type exit and close it down. Now log back in and you are a GM!

Also note that on a rare occasion you will get a 1017 after first booting up, just log in again to fix this. Ive had this happen twice now.

Another note, if you have a router you will need to forward your ports. I suggest forwardeing port 7000-9000 just to be on the safe side. If this is not done you will get a 1017. Some peopel suggest using DMZ, I would rather not because it opens all ports on your router and that can be bad.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18551&highlight=port+forwarding

This is a good guide for port forwarding.

elfan
09-07-2005, 12:36 PM
When i try to install Mysql i get a measage

16 bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM21\AUTOEXE.NT The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications. Choose Close to terminate the application.

Please tell me what that means or how to fix it if possible want to make my own server so bad just to make my own custom items.

Kikaro
09-07-2005, 05:08 PM
what version of windows are you running?

elfan
09-07-2005, 05:27 PM
XP Profesional; thats what you mean right?

Kikaro
09-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Yeah thats what i meant. The error almost sounded like a XP64 error. Not sure though. Might need to fidn a different version of Mysql.

deazone
09-07-2005, 07:51 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

Step 1 should be for your XP cd.

kasodo
09-08-2005, 06:39 AM
Are these working for you on your server? Everytime I search for AA on these forums there isnt much discussion about them.

Kikaro
09-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Sadly no they are not.

elfan
09-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Will Mysql-front work the same as the mysql you linked? Also will the one you linked work the same as the onesfor hosting a 6.0.DR2 server? I got MYsql-front to work version 3.2 build 7.11 but the tutorials dont match that version i guess.

Kikaro
09-08-2005, 01:51 PM
You can try, but if it doesnt work I cannot help you. I used the versions listed above and they worked for me. I have not tried anything else so cannot give an answer.

elfan
09-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Now, once they are installed, go to Start\Programs\Perl\Perl Package Manager

This will bering up a command promt window, type the following:

Install BDI
Hit Enter and wait for it to finish.

Now type:
Install BDB-Mysql
Press enter and again wait for it to finish

Last, type:
Install IO-stringy
Again press enter and wait for it to finish. These steps took about 30 seconds or less on my system so its pretty quick.

Now that were donw with the Perl stuff lets move on to Mysql. this is pretty easy.

OK when i get to " Install BDI" it says error BDI cannot be found And it says same thing for " Install BDB-Mysql" But for " Install IO-stringy" it says it is already installed so idk whats up : P

ok i just skipped those 2 steps and went on to see if it wil work. I got to the part wher ei gotta Download the eqemulator map file and i cant figure out how to use that website to Dl the big file. Do i got to download each little file separately?

Kikaro
09-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Yeah there is a package that has all of the maps that you want. its like the first or second link. its pretty big.

09-10-2005, 01:37 PM
When I am following your tutorial, i get to the very end, and when i run world.exe it tells me that mysql server rejected the username and password. I checked all the ini files, and my account/pass match up. Any idea of how to fix this?

09-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Ok, I think I got it to accept my username and pass, but now there is more problems. I get alot of Database Errors saying that it lost connection to the database and that it is trying to recover. When it gets to loading the next item, it gives me the same error. Any idea of why it might do this? (this is my first time trying to setup a server, sry if I sound dumb)

Kikaro
09-10-2005, 03:23 PM
er yeah im sorry I left out one tiny part in the instructions.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eqdr2.* TO [username]@localhost IDENTIFIED BY '[password]' WITH GRANT OPTION;

on that step, I forgot to put in the dr2 after eq, so redo that and it should fix that.

Im glad you pointed that out im sorry to have left it out.

09-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Hmm, I did that but I am still having problems. I think that it is just not connecting to the database. After almost every command it says 'Database Error: Lost connection, attempting to recover...
DB Query error #2006: MySQL server has gone away...'

I'm not sure how to fix this.

neuwporrt
09-10-2005, 04:43 PM
I did everything the way your instructions say to do them, and I am still having the problem with 2 of the 3 not being found. Install BDI, and Install-BDB-Mysql. I have even went thru and uninstalled and redownloaded everything. I am also getting the username and password problem when starting world.exe, ect. please help. thanks.

Dr Zauis
09-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Hmm, I did that but I am still having problems. I think that it is just not connecting to the database. After almost every command it says 'Database Error: Lost connection, attempting to recover...

I'm not sure how to fix this.

Right..Thats whats happening..I dont remember how I fixed this when I set mine up. But i can say it wasnt a big deal.

09-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Right..Thats whats happening..I dont remember how I fixed this when I set mine up. But i can say it wasnt a big deal.

Doh! Try and remember plz =p

Koshoji
09-10-2005, 07:35 PM
I also get that same bunch of errors.

Kikaro
09-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Well I am redoing my server tonight so I wil ltest this and make sure I have everythign wiritten down. this is my first tutorial so I hope I havnt missed anything. I wil lreplay with any fixes that need to be made.

As for the perl, if it says its already there thats ok, if you get an error, you might need to ask in the support forum I know harly anything abotu perl to be of any asistance.

Kikaro
09-10-2005, 10:12 PM
OK I started from scratch again tonight, used the guide 100% (I used cavedudes DB though this time) and it works fine.

So I dont see anything I missed.

Kikaro
09-11-2005, 01:13 AM
redo the grant all privaleges part for this

Its not connecting to your database.

neuwporrt
09-11-2005, 02:40 AM
now, the IP address that I got from that link is different from the IP that it shows on MySQL, which should I put into the files? I tried the one from the link, now Im trying the one from the MySQL. Also, under the User CP on the forums, under misc. where u go to manage your account, there is a 'Server Account'. Mine says 0 of 1. Does it have to be 1 of 1 in order to run a server?

neuwporrt
09-11-2005, 02:54 AM
I edited the DB.ini, Loginserver.ini, and Boot5Zones, all to match my forum account, and then to match my eqemu account (for EQ). and I am getting this error:
Connected to LoginServer: eqemulator.net: 5998
Login server responded with FatalError. Disabling reconnect.
Error message: 'Account/Password invalid'
209.165.244.252:5998: TCPConnection::RecvData<>: Error: 10053
Database Error: Lost Connection, attempting to recover....
DB Query Error #2006: MySQL server has gone away
Error: DBAsyncCD_LoadVariables failed: !GetAnswer: #2006: MySQL server has gone away'

Dr Zauis
09-11-2005, 03:33 AM
Leave the passwords blank..You dont need a server account. Its possible to get it going with all the Ip addresses set to localhost. But only you can get in then.
EDIT>>db.ini needs passwords you used in mysql though..Dont leave those blank.

neuwporrt
09-11-2005, 04:11 AM
Okay, I got it to show up on the server select now, but I am getting 1017 when I try to log in... On the Boot5Zones at the end I end up with 5 different boxes, 7997, 7996, 7998, 7999, 7995, and each one says: sleeping.

The only error I get now is:
Couldn't open './addon.ini'-

at the end it says;
[Status ] Loading commands
[Status ] 179 Commands loaded
[Status ] Sarting EQ Network Server.
Starting factory Reader
Starting factory Writer
[Status ] Entering sleep mode
Connected to worldserver: localhost:9000

Also, when I start world.exe the first line i get Failed to open log file: logs/eqemu_world_2664.log

09-11-2005, 04:46 AM
Ok, im gonna uninstall everything and try it again. Hopefully it will work.

09-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Woohoo got it to work. But everyone crashes when they zone, anyone know how to fix this?

neuwporrt
09-11-2005, 08:03 AM
i am using 'localhost' on every IP, just trying to get it to work. i got it to list on the server list, but i cannot get past the damn server select, i keep getting 1017. any idea?

Kikaro
09-11-2005, 12:13 PM
can you connect to PRQ?

Dr Zauis
09-11-2005, 12:15 PM
i am using 'localhost' on every IP, just trying to get it to work. i got it to list on the server list, but i cannot get past the damn server select, i keep getting 1017. any idea?

Do world.exe say you are trying to log in? If so are you sure you have the correct client?

neuwporrt
09-12-2005, 11:42 PM
On world.exe the only error i get is 'Failed to open log file: logs/eqemu_world_2008.log' everything else loads,
TCP listening on: localhost:9000
Starting factory reader
Starting factory writer
world server listening on: localhost:9000
setting world to minilogin server type
connected to loginserver: eqemulator.net:5998
49531 new tcp connection: 127.0.0.1:16777343
new zoneserver: #1 127.0.0.1:1612
zoneserver setconnectinfo: 127.0.0.1:1612: localhost:8784
49732 new tcp connection: 127.0.0.1: 16777343
(says 49732 new.... 4 times)
New zoneserver: #2 127.0.0.1:1616