PDA

View Full Version : d_melee_texture_1 Error Message in Boot5Zones.bat

Ruix
05-24-2002, 02:14 AM
After running the boot5zones.bat file an error message is displayed with the above mentioned error:

Using database 'eq' at localhost
Loading zone names, items & NPCs...DB Query Error
Error #1054: Unknown column 'd_meele_texture1' in 'field list'
NPCs loaded - using old database format
done.
Spells loaded from 'spdat.eff'
Loading guild ranks.
ETC ... ETC...

I am running Emu 3.2 with the DB update worlddata0.95
Started from fresh database and sourced the update in at the same time when redoing DB from scratch.

I get a few beeps but goes through the whole thing and the server does come up but as soon as I log in the characters into a "Populated Area" then I Go LD right away.

Please help!

Lurker_005
05-24-2002, 03:26 AM
Drawde's 0.95 does not have this problem if installed correctly. However his inital post had the wrong link (to his older 0.9 DB) If you have this error, you have the wrong DB. Go get the 0.95 DB again and reinstall it.

*edit* the DB loads fine but zone gives the error. This would seem to be either an error in the default DB, or in the code.

kachime
05-24-2002, 03:46 AM
i have the .95 version and it runs
but i still get that error.
even tried a fresh install of the DB (created new DB and so on)
still have the error.

Shawn319
05-24-2002, 03:51 AM
the default 0.3.2 database by itself, sourced into a completely clean DB will give you no errors. if you get errors with ONLY the default 0.3.2 database then you have other problems.

The d_melee_textures problem accored in 0.3.1 because people were using 0.3.0 databases. i expect this is the same problem now (using a 0.3.1 database in 0.3.2)

stormgod
05-24-2002, 04:47 AM
I have the same problem and with the default no problem , with 0.95 there it is . (and yes its 0.95 not 0.9)

Ruix
05-24-2002, 04:57 AM
My same problem exactly. I have redownloaded the new eqemu 3.2 and deleted all dropped the eq database from mysql then copied th db.sql from the new 3.2 emulator and moved into the mysql bin directory and redid that first. Then after sourcing in the original I sourced in the 9.5 and get that error message. The worst part about it is that I get booted once I log into any populated zone. I have re-done and double checked all this about 20 times now.

Drawde
05-24-2002, 05:04 AM
Does anyone have any idea what is causing this error? I'd fix it if I could. I get the error message too but it doesn't cause any crashes for me.
My npc_types data has the correct number of fields, and I am using the database that came with the 0.3.2 release as a base - i.e I source in that DB, then my files.

Ruix
05-24-2002, 05:10 AM
Drawde what I have noticed is that it only causes me to go LD if I am in a populated zone like freportn or others with npcs in it.

Otherwise it works fine and I do not go LD for example when I choose a vah shir character and start in their home city. As soon as I zone into freportn or commons automatically start seeing the LD coming and get Disconnected.

Is it normal to get beeps when sourcing in 0.95 after a clean db.sql? I get some beeps about some double entries or something like that. The world server comes up also but its that darn LDing that is bugging me.

Thanks

Trumpcard
05-24-2002, 06:05 AM
I'd guess the error message is coming from here..

database.cpp:
MakeAnyLenString(&query, "SELECT id,name,level,race,class,hp,gender,texture,helmtex ture,size,loottable_id, merchant_id, banish, mindmg, maxdmg, npcspecialattks,usedspells,d_meele_texture1,d_meel e_texture2, walkspeed, runspeed,fixedz FROM npc_types");//WHERE zone='%s'", zone_name

This is the npc_types structure...

mysql> describe npc_types;
+-------------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-------------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id | int(11) | | PRI | NULL | auto_increment |
| name | text | | | | |
| level | tinyint(2) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| race | tinyint(2) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| class | tinyint(2) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| hp | int(11) | | | 0 | |
| gender | tinyint(2) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| texture | tinyint(2) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| helmtexture | tinyint(2) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| size | float | | | 0 | |
| hp_regen_rate | int(11) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| mana_regen_rate | int(11) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| loottable_id | int(11) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| merchant_id | int(11) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| mindmg | int(10) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| maxdmg | int(10) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| usedspells | varchar(70) | | | | |
| npcspecialattks | char(1) | | | | |
| banish | int(10) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| aggroradius | int(10) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| social | int(10) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| face | int(10) unsigned | | | 1 | |
| luclin_hairstyle | int(10) unsigned | | | 1 | |
| luclin_haircolor | int(10) unsigned | | | 1 | |
| luclin_eyecolor | int(10) unsigned | | | 1 | |
| luclin_beardcolor | int(10) unsigned | | | 1 | |

If makes a note in the file about supporting an old database type, so Im guessing it's running an old style db query against the new database format, hence the unknown column error..

Don't know if this is causing any problems or not, have to look at it in a little more depth when I get home..

Shawn319
05-24-2002, 06:11 AM
Then after sourcing in the original I sourced in the 9.5 and get that error message. The worst part about it is that I get booted once I log into any populated zone

dont ever ever ever ever EVERRRRRR run the next exe or try to log in/play when u get errors in world.exe or the zone exe's. always fix them first or you WILL have problems eventually if not immediately.

This appears to be a compatability problem with 0.3.2 and Drawde's World Data 0.95.

the table structures must be wrong. cross check the deault DB's tables (then cross check again, then again, then once more)

Lurker_005
05-24-2002, 07:58 AM
Interesting, I used the eqemu3.2 DB, but droped npc_types and loaded the table from 3.1 and it no longer gave the error. Did the sample DB have the wrong npc_types table?

I am posting a test DB in http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1896 I would be interested in how it works when loging into it.

Markos
05-24-2002, 07:38 PM
Using what you posted Lurker, I still get errors, but only in the debug file. Here are some errors from tonight:

2002/05/25 04:28:20 GMT: Zone 7999 crashed. Errorcode: 4/3. Current zone loaded:gfaydark. Current clients:1. Caused by: Innkeep_Wuleran01
2002/05/25 04:29:07 GMT: Zone 7997 crashed. Errorcode: 4/3. Current zone loaded:gfaydark. Current clients:1. Caused by: Innkeep_Wuleran01
2002/05/25 05:00:08 GMT: Zone 7996 crashed. Errorcode: 4/3. Current zone loaded:fearplane. Current clients:1. Caused by: a_shiverback04

Shawn319
05-24-2002, 07:40 PM
its a beta.. things crash.. send the debug file to an OP in the chat room.

Ruix
05-26-2002, 01:38 AM
Even with the new database LDing is still very present wether I am use eqemu's login server or my own. Is this a common problem still as of right now? is it something just with my computer. I have gone over the setup a bunch of times so I know it is setup right. There are some zones like freportn that crash immediately others can stay up for a bit and then I get disconnected. Please let me know if these are bugs that are common to everyone as of right now and not just me. Thanks alot! IS there a way to lock certain zones? Thanks!

zeb
05-26-2002, 04:28 AM
Ruix I got the same exact problem , going ld in populated zones

oh well like shawn sayd its beta things crash , keep up the great work anyways

Uber
05-26-2002, 07:07 PM
About the error 1054..

Error #1054: Unknown column 'd_meele_texture1' in 'field list'

Notice it says "meele", and not "melee", could it be a typo in the code that causes the error? just a thought.. I'm a n00b to this stuff

Lurker_005
05-27-2002, 05:12 AM
In 3.3.1 the npc_types table reverted back to having these fields. Only use 3.3 compatable DB's with 3.3 and this won't be a problem.