PDA

View Full Version : How To Setup A 6.2 Server

tallerin
09-12-2005, 04:56 PM
added to wiki
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Windows6

can't get the name the way i wish so i gave up on it.

nrellihan
09-12-2005, 07:21 PM
worked, everything up and connected but was getting a 1017 when trying to connect to my own server

rednckcowby
09-13-2005, 01:15 AM
I have everything the way it is supposed to be running but when I go to run eq and login it just hangs at logging into server. I dont even get to the server select screen!

I think it is something in my computer blocking me from it but I have no idea what it might be.

Any suggestions?

Red

Damilis
09-13-2005, 01:28 AM
I have everything the way it is supposed to be running but when I go to run eq and login it just hangs at logging into server. I dont even get to the server select screen!

I think it is something in my computer blocking me from it but I have no idea what it might be.

Any suggestions?

Red

Post your eqhost.ini, loginserver.ini and any error messages that appear in world.exe and zone.exe windows and people will be able to help you better.

tallerin
09-13-2005, 03:05 AM
worked, everything up and connected but was getting a 1017 when trying to connect to my own server

make sure you added these to your Database for minilogin if there not in there then that could give you the 1017.

INSERT INTO variables (varname, value, information) VALUES ('LoginType', 'Minilogin', 'Set this to Minilogin to login using a minilogin server :)');

alter table account add minilogin_ip varchar(32) not null;

insert into account (name,status, minilogin_ip) values('USERNAME_HERE',250,'127.0.0.1');

tallerin
09-13-2005, 03:39 AM

Any suggestions?

Red

make sure you take the opcodes.conf that came with minilogin and copy those opcodes to your main opcodes.conf in eqemu directory. I just checked if they are not added to your opcode.conf eq hangs at the connecting to server please wait.

platothepenguin
09-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Followed the instructions, but I'm getting an error 127- LoadEMuShareMemDLL::Load() failed to attach to a function. Anyone have an idea on what's wrong?

tallerin
09-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Followed the instructions, but I'm getting an error 127- LoadEMuShareMemDLL::Load() failed to attach to a function. Anyone have an idea on what's wrong?

not sure why your getting that issue unless you are trying to use zoneperl,zonedebug,worlddebug ect. right now for the time being you can only use the zone and world from the eqemu fix.so you would extract emusharemem.dll , opcodes.conf, from the sourceforge binaries and extract the zone , world from the eqemufix put them all into one folder.

Koshoji
09-13-2005, 10:08 PM
What program are we supposed to use to edit a .conf file, notepad or some other text editor, or a special program designed especialy for .conf files?

T.y.i.a.

Koshoji

edit--> Nevermind. Now that I know a bit more about CVS I see that it is the program that I was asking about. Woot!

fathernitwit
09-15-2005, 02:41 PM
please stop posting this sort of thing on the forums... this is what the wiki is for.

tallerin
09-15-2005, 02:44 PM
then just remove this from the forum i do not know how to submit things to this wiki or what ever it is. if it is not whanted here then remove it. maybe the tutorial sections should be removed.

also I don't plan on finding the time to mess with the wiki and figure it out. it was posted here cause well this is a tutorial section. also if your scold one scold the other that submitted one today for linux server setup.

vRandom
09-15-2005, 03:16 PM
I think fathernitwit might be having a bad day, seems the last 4 posts i just read are on the grumpy side .....

wiki is here http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/ though i've only been there once myself....

vRandom

Belfedia
09-15-2005, 06:47 PM
I suggest one solution ?

Tutorial for wiki are post here,
And the wiki manager paste it (when it is correct) to wiki and lock the thread here ? you need also lock all the old tutorial forum :)

fathernitwit
09-16-2005, 11:47 AM
that is completely against the point of having the wiki... the point is that it is a USER EDITABLE form of documentation, which does not get crowded with a bunch of posts like this one that detract from the real information... its not that hard people

Belfedia
09-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Ok !!! i don't know wiki is user editable, that good news :)
All just need to read wiki documentation and make your tutorial :)
that very good !!!

tallerin
09-16-2005, 02:07 PM
how about this suggestion lock all the tutorial forums except for the request one. then do a quick post specifing all tut"s to be place on the wiki with a link stickied at the top. that way the older tuts are still here but no new ones can be posted.
i will add this to the wiki when time permits and will remove it from here or a mod can. need a day or two though to find time to do it.

32ones
09-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Great tutorial, works fine. Just a few questions thou.

Is there anyway to get up to and possibly past PoP expansion?
Is entering the tutorial bad?
Are there any races/classes I cannot use?

Any thing else I should know? =)

*** EDIT ***

I get 1 error in world.exe and 2 errors in boot5zones.exe...
I will post my the logs here.
World.exe
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.6.2-DR1
[Status] Loading opcodes..
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
Opcode OP_Command is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_MailboxHeader is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_MailHeader is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_MailBody is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_NewMail is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_SentConfirm is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWSessionRequest is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWSessionResponse is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWCombined is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWSessionDisconnect is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWKeepAlive is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWSessionStatRequest is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWSessionStatResponse is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWPacket is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWFragment is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWOutOfOrderAck is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWAck is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWAppCombined is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWOutOfSession is missing from ./opcodes.conf
[Status] Loading variables..
[Status] Loading zones..
[Status] Clearing groups..
[Status] Loading items..
Error in GetItemsCount query 'SELECT MAX(id),count(*),sum(length(serialization)+
1) FROM items' #1054: Unknown column 'serialization' in 'field list'
Error: Database::LoadItems() (sharemem): GetItemsCount() returned -1
[Error] Error: Could not load item data. But ignoring
[Status] ./LoginServer.ini read.
[Status] Loading guild ranks..
[Status] Loading guild link..
[Status] Loading GuildList from database...
[Status] Loading ./addon.ini..
[Status] Loading EQ time of day..
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player backups from database
Assassinating people that whine about horses...done
TCP listening on: localhost:9000
World server listening on: localhost:9000
Setting World to MiniLogin Server type
Connected to LoginServer: localhost:5999
96559 New TCP connection: 127.0.0.1:16777343
New zoneserver: #1 127.0.0.1:2829
Zoneserver SetConnectInfo: 127.0.0.1:2829: localhost:8782
96759 New TCP connection: 127.0.0.1:16777343
96759 New TCP connection: 127.0.0.1:16777343
New zoneserver: #2 127.0.0.1:2830
96799 New TCP connection: 127.0.0.1:16777343
96799 New TCP connection: 127.0.0.1:16777343
New zoneserver: #3 127.0.0.1:2833
New zoneserver: #4 127.0.0.1:2832
New zoneserver: #5 127.0.0.1:2831
Zoneserver SetConnectInfo: 127.0.0.1:2831: localhost:8780
Zoneserver SetConnectInfo: 127.0.0.1:2832: localhost:8781
Zoneserver SetConnectInfo: 127.0.0.1:2833: localhost:8783
Zoneserver SetConnectInfo: 127.0.0.1:2830: localhost:8784

I think when I put in the minilogin opcodes with the eqemu opcodes something wrong went down... About the other error.. My only guess is something is missing from my DB.

Boot5zones.exe

[Status] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.6.2-DR1
[Status] Loading opcodes..
[Status] Mapping Opcodes
[Status] Loading Variables
[Status] Loading zone names
[Status] Loading items
Error in GetItemsCount query 'SELECT MAX(id),count(*),sum(length(serialization)+
1) FROM items' #1054: Unknown column 'serialization' in 'field list'
Error: Database::LoadItems() (sharemem): GetItemsCount() returned -1
[Error] Loading items FAILED!
Failed. But ignoring error and going on...
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
[Status] Loading NPC Faction Lists from database...
[Status] Loading loot tables
[Status] Loading Loot tables from database...
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading Doors from database...
[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading guild list
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading titles
[Status] Loading AA effects
[Status] Loading swarm spells
[Status] Loading tributes
[Error] Error in LoadTributes first query 'SELECT id,name,descr,unknown,isguild
FROM tributes': #1054: Unknown column 'isguild' in 'field list'
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
[Status] Loading commands
[Status] 179 commands loaded
[Status] Starting EQ Network server.
[Status] Entering sleep mode
Connected to worldserver: localhost:9000

Thanks in advance =)

Damilis
09-17-2005, 02:14 AM
that is completely against the point of having the wiki... the point is that it is a USER EDITABLE form of documentation, which does not get crowded with a bunch of posts like this one that detract from the real information... its not that hard people

Okay. Enough is enough. Everyone is entitled to a bad day or two, but this is out of hand.

Not everyone knows everything about computers/the internet. Now since you do and others here don't AND the fact that you are a Dev, that puts you in a default position of a leader in this EQEmu community and as such you should have more tolerance for those less knowledgeable on the subject. Provide a simple explanation, or, as stated before, if you don't have the time, then just paste in a simple Google link (took about 2 secs to find this BTW) http://wiki.org/wiki.cgi?WhatIsWiki (http://wiki.org/wiki.cgi?WhatIsWiki)

Perhaps a post on the main page regarding the proper placement of tutorial material from here on out? That way everyone has a much better chance of actually knowing that a wiki is user editable....

2 cents. But we will see if we are grown up enough to admit when we are wrong a apologize a little. Hmm.