PDA

View Full Version : PacketCollector Feature request

ramccor
05-24-2002, 04:27 AM
Can we please a version of PacketCollector that will ALSO write out a set of MYSQL statements to a local file so that people can use the tool to update thier local servers in addition to main one :-)

Thanks

Shawn319
05-24-2002, 04:37 AM
You mean for items?

we encourage that you send the items using the built in uploader so that thay can be added to the default database, thus helping everyone out. thats the reason for itemcollect feature in PC.

ramccor
05-24-2002, 05:05 AM
The idea was allow it to dump locally IN Addition to remotely... I think I figured out how to do it anyway :-) just takes additional steps to upload to multiple places. Is the names field a depricated field? IE - Can I import directly into my items DB with PacketCapture.

The idea with this was to avoid the delay in getting the items loaded locally, not to prevent main DB from getting updated.

Another feature that would be appreciated would be the option to append to collecteditems file rather then overwrite. It would slow down some submissions but would allow easier updating of local items :-) I am working my way though all my characters now, loading them up and hitting the banks. For as large as that DB is, I still managed to come up with over 50 new items just between 2 characters.

Shawn319
05-24-2002, 06:07 AM
You'll have to talk to Quagmire about all this hehe.. i wish there was a seperate EQ Item Collector (probably written in VB) with lots of these features along with automatic uploading/exporting.