PDA

View Full Version : EMPIRE II, announced.

Magoth78
09-14-2005, 01:49 AM
Hello there,

EMPIRE II is up.

It's the same db as Empire 1 but with a lot of changes, a lot of add-ons. I've learned a lot on empire1 and added some things that will give you more fun. (I hope)

First, what's EMPIRE?
It's an eqemu server, version 0.6.0dr2. I will probably move it to 0.6.2 once the version will get more stable.
The server is Custom-Legit, PvP, Race wars (hardcoded).

Racewars?
Yes, once you are on the server, you will have to choose a team (depending of your race). There are actually three teams: Shorties, Evils and Goodies. Each team has their own starting city with their own quests. Once you are level 10+, you will can quit your starting city by going in a bigger zone, outdoor zone. For thoses who played on Empire1, the zones are the same. (except 2 dungeons very recently added)
The teams are hardcoded wich means you can only kill an enemy (different teams) and you can only buff yours teammates.

Quests?
You will can do some important quests since the level5-6+ (see your race's king). Why important? because the reward will help you to grow faster! Quests for the prismatics, epic v2 are still there. Some changes have been made though.
Once you are able to go to the Act2 (Lavastorm), you will have the possibility to enter in 3 dungeons: Gnomeragan (34-44yeah wow~), the Fire Caves (40-50) and the Sunken Caves (lvl 50 mini) . Each dungeon has their own questers, don't forget to talk to them.

PvP?
The PvP has always been present on Empire with the item loot system. Now, I've removed it due to some corpses issues we had, and added a PvP points system instead. When you kill someone you will earn some PvPpoints depending of your level and your target's level.
The PvP level range is 10. (A 50 can kill a 40max by example)
When someone dies in PvP, he will loose xp (good amount) and PvPpoints (the half of the killer's points), no items anymore. That, also, means, no more corpses runs!
Very soon, the PvP stats will be showed on the website and I will add a feature so you can spend your points.

Leveling?
The leveling is a bit slower than on Empire1 but still fast, mainly in group. The level limit is 50, you will get it quickly.

High-end dungeons, encounters?
Secret Temple and Sunken Caves are the high places. Secret Temple has been nerfed a bit so more people can go in. Most of high-end encounters have been nerfed so 1 group only can kill them. I hope I will see more epics v2 on Empire2 :P

Items?
Every mob on the server has a good chance to drop an item. You will notice that in some dungeons (Gnomeragan and Sunken Caves by example) you will loot different gems, you will have to figure what they are for.
Some quests have been added for the Weapons and Armors (depending on your class).

That's all for today, you can check the website/forum in my sig for more infos.

Have fun
Mag

Woodlife Treestrider
09-14-2005, 05:45 AM
Sounds awesome Mag.

Magoth78
09-15-2005, 11:57 AM
EMPIRE II will open tomorrow at 9:00pm gmt+1.

An intro's movie is available there: http://www.empire.dafun.com/empire-movie.rar (divx v6).
It's my first video so far so don't be too rude if u find it sucky :D

If you wanna play on the server, please check our website.

Have fun,
Mag

Woodlife Treestrider
09-15-2005, 12:31 PM
You guys really should check out the boards on this website... If you read through them you will how much time Magoth has put into this server. I have never seen a GM from EqEmu work harder and more diligently than Magoth. IF there was an award for most skilled, dedicated, and most active GM.... I would give it to Magoth.

Drimmin
09-16-2005, 03:57 AM
Sounds fantastic :) going to the site now.