PDA

View Full Version : Mangoo item editor 3.4 beta question?

Nazareth66
09-16-2005, 11:05 AM
I could not find any help, or get to the website in the help folder. The problem I am having is prolly something I am doing wrong, everything works fine, just I can't seem to get items changes to take in game, when I make changes, I get no errors, and when I reload the items from the database they show the custom stats still I added. I tried making a copy of the item and saving them as .sql and sourcing them into my database, could it be the .itm save option, I used it and see it saved in the save folder but don't really know what to do with the saved .itm file. Any help or a short walkthrough of how to use this item editor correctly would be great, thanks in advance for any help.

GeorgeS
10-08-2005, 07:00 PM
in table 'items' is there something in field items.serialization'?

run this sql query -

mysql -u root
use eq;
Select name,id,serialization from items where items.name = 'Cloth Cap';

If you don't see a serialization string exist for your item, then the serialization.pl script needs to be run

GeorgeS

Rodnoldo
10-24-2005, 04:10 AM
Hello,

I've just updated to 6.2-DR1 and want to bring in my custom items from a previous version, 6.0-DR2, I think.

I noticed about 30 new or differently named columns in the new database, and identified, added and fixed all except one. "serialization text"

These fields seem to hold the item name, followed by any engraving text or other information, then followed by some binary looking numbers separated by pipes (|).

I saw only one comment in the forums about the serialization.pl script which must be run. But...

I'm not sure where I should run it.
-- from MySQL
-- from PERL at the command line

I'm not sure what I run it against.
-- against my newitems.sql file
-- against my MySQL database

I'm a little shy about running serialization.pl without knowing what it does and to what it does it.

Any additional information on serialization.pl would help.

Thanks.

Rodnoldo

Damilis
10-24-2005, 05:22 AM
I'm a little shy about running serialization.pl without knowing what it does and to what it does it.

Any additional information on serialization.pl would help.

Don't be shy! That's what DB backups are for :) No better way to learn how something works then by breaking it a few times. I wish I had a real answer for ya, but I use a MS Access front end since it fast/customizable. I do know that you re correct about the serialization column. its just a pipe delimited list of the table row.

therealjjj77
04-28-2006, 02:24 AM
I could not find any help, or get to the website in the help folder. The problem I am having is prolly something I am doing wrong, everything works fine, just I can't seem to get items changes to take in game, when I make changes, I get no errors, and when I reload the items from the database they show the custom stats still I added. I tried making a copy of the item and saving them as .sql and sourcing them into my database, could it be the .itm save option, I used it and see it saved in the save folder but don't really know what to do with the saved .itm file. Any help or a short walkthrough of how to use this item editor correctly would be great, thanks in advance for any help.

I'm having the same problem and I ran your MySQL prompt and got the serialization string. Everything seems to work fine until you check your items and they haven't changed a bit. Please help!

mattmeck
04-28-2006, 07:58 AM
This has not been maintained in over 6 months, check post dates.