PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 6.2

Windcatcher
09-22-2005, 04:26 PM
This version includes a few things that I've been wanting to do for a very long time:

1. Added HINT keyword to the scripting language, where the syntax is HINT parameter text. It allows you to add multiple lines of hint text for each script parameter, so that hovering the mouse over the parameter name in the object properties pane will display the hint. The more lines of text in the hint the longer the hint stays up.

2. Added hint explanations to every parameter in every script, with the exception of the ground_area, corridor, and connected_corridor scripts. No one should use these anyway, since OpenZone's ground editor and ground editing tools are the way to work with ground, and you should always use Dungeon Builder to make corridors and dungeons.

3. Fixed File...Export...Export to .XWF (eXtensible World Format), where the .XWF spec is at http://home.archshadow.com/~daeken/xwf.html. XWF is a very flexible and simple specification that Daeken and I designed and could be a good choice for a client if we want to go that route.

4. Added File...Import...Import from .XWF. I needed it to validate exporting to .XWF, but it might be useful in its own right.

5. Added File...Export...Export to .3DS. This will export your entire zone to a standard 3D Studio Max (.3DS) file, including placeable objects. This means that OpenZone is no longer tied to EQ, since there are countless programs (including 3D Studio Max itself) that can read .3DS files. At this time the export doesn't support animated or semitransparent polygons, but transparent polygons should work fine.

6. Updated the help file to reflect the new exporting and importing options.